PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex side effects

daisycake
29-03-11, 19:55
Warning btw - here be sensitive information; if you're easily offended don't read.

Are driving me mad and I'm only on my 2nd day - 3rd tablet tonight. I feel weird - like I've just woken up from a general anaesthetic - very sleepy and
dizzy. My acid reflux/indigestion has picked up again, having only just got rid of it. I've had a racing heart at day time, skipped beats all day and then my heart feels too slow at night time - all of which has been accompanied by chest pain and more dizziness. I'm very shaky, confused and my hands keep going floppy. I phoned a taxi company earlier, the woman answered and I didn't have a clue what to say to her.

The oddest thing is that my bottom feels odd, and I can't come properly if that makes any sense. I knew that was a side effect and so I tried to, well you know, just for reassurance - and it took me well over 90 min to come then same today. And it's not how it should feel, it's more like just coughing or something, you know there's no enjoyment in it. I want to say that's a good thing as I've always had a slightly um high libido but I don't want to lose it all together. Didn't tell Gp all this today though haha, too embarrassed!

I saw a GP earlier who kind of looked at me, reminded me that I've only taken 2 tablets and to persevere for a week or two - but I want to give up, I hate this - and this is the reason I wanted to manage this without medication! Told her all different effects (apart from more intimate issues) and she never offered advice about how to fix them or anything, just shrugged and said everyone feels funny at first and not to up the dosage or anything.

My normal GP - who's on holiday - said to go with the flow at first, but if I really don't like them then I can just come off them. I just feel like I'm letting everyone down if I do come off them - and I feel so so stupid as well, GP said she's never had anyone with major problems so what if it's just me and my stupid head causing all this?

Do these effects fade or are they permanent?

daisycake
29-03-11, 21:53
OK so I guess I'm fairly alone on this one then?

allergyphobia
29-03-11, 21:55
hi daisy,

i don't know what to say about the above as i've never been on meds.. i just wanted to say, i'm pretty suprised they have put you on anti-ds for health anx??

hope you are okay hun.
x

daisycake
29-03-11, 22:12
Yeah GP said she didn't feel she had a lot of choice as she thought I was getting progressively worse - and the anxiety seems to be over everything and anything rather than just health now. I did say I wasn't happy about it but GP said to give it a go and see what happens, apparently she felt bad for leaving me to cope alone with no relief! Yeah am OK, thanks, just taken 3rd one so am sort of preparing for another bad today tommorow - hopefully side effects will ease off soon.

daisycake
30-03-11, 08:49
My period's started as well now after just 2 weeks break :lac: