PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out ~ Chest problems

Trish
29-03-11, 20:50
I hope someone out there can help me calm down:huh:

I have asthma/mild copd. Over the years I have suffered many chest infections that have been treated with antibiotics and steroids, I also use a Seritide inhaler (preventor) everyday. I also have a Ventolin inhaler which luckily I have not had to use in 3 yrs until recently.

For the last 8/10 or so weeks I have had a chesty cough which can be productive, been to see the GP loads of times who just says "oh your a bit wheezy, but I've heard it worst" and to be honest I have not felt ill as I have done in the past when I have had chest infections.

So now I'm freaking out because I think there's something more sinister going on, when I cough I have pain in my side near my right lung, it doesn't hurt when I breathe although sometimes my chest feels weighted, but I'm putting this down to anxiety.

I do smoke but I have cut down loads, i just can't seem to give the last few up:blush:

I'm scared to go back to see my GP as I know she will send me for an xray this time, and waiting for the results will be a nightmare for me:huh:

My last chest xray I had was at the end of August last year and it was clear, but now I'm thinking the worst and getting really anxious and feel panicky.

I have lots of good things happening in my life...I have a 3 week old beautiful 1st Grandson and my 2nd due at the beginning of May, and I'm thinking something is bound to rain on my parade:huh:

Thanks
Trish

Mondie
29-03-11, 21:27
Oh Trish, I am sending you a huge hug honey :bighug1:
I know you must be frightened, but the doctor has examined you right and they weren't worried so try and take some comfort in that. Can't you see a different doctor for a 2nd opinion, to try and put your mind at rest?

Wow! I didn't realise that you had become a Grandma, congratulations!!

I'm sorry I can't say anything decent to put your mind at rest, but the fact that you don't feel ill is surely a good thing...Take care

R xxx

Trish
29-03-11, 21:44
Hi Rach hun hope you are doing ok.:)

This bloody anxiety is such a pain hun...got the heavy chest on me now, don't know what to think it is:huh:

Hugs

Trish x

Trish
29-03-11, 23:07
Anyone else???