PDA

View Full Version : Three months on...

AnxiousM
29-03-11, 22:11
Hey guys, I've not posted on here for a while. The Mirt has helped with my sleep which was a great help as having no sleep really added to my anxiety.

I still have drowsy days on the Mirt and sometimes I feel like I get a ring of pressure around my head and a dizziness. I also get a little bit of a pressure on my chest and also numbness in limbs from time to time, does anyone else experience this?

I think the Mirt changes the way I feel things. I am slowly starting to get over the anxiety, almost forgetting about it. At first my mind was actively looking for the anxiety. For example on days where I felt ok my mind, unless preoccupied with something, would ask where is that anxious feeling? I'm almost passed this now. I feel that my brain is just going through stages of reset. It was on high alert for 3 months, my anxiety was something that I couldn't understand and I linked the feelings that I had to something physical... My health. The anxiety does present itself in different and more controllable forms now. Sometimes the dizzy spells alarm me but I try and get passed them as soon as I can. I tried to change my diet but the 'hunger' feeling comes at you in a different form as well. I had a bit of an anxious night after cutting down on eating and then I gave myself indigestion by eating a big meal. Heart flutters and bloating.

I have put some weight on but I do work out 3 times a week and keep to healthy eating. I also don't really drink alcohol alcohol at all.

My goal is to come off the mirt in 2-3 months. I would say that the 3 months from November to December have been the most difficult months of my life. The lack of sleep in January made the anxiety tenfold and I felt like at any point I was going to drop dead. It was like I was waiting for something to happen, an impending doom or fear. I have passed this now but every so often I think that something may happen on route from A to B. For example I went on a stag do last weekend and briefly I was anxious that something serious would happen to me.

I'm hoping in time and my determination to beat this into the ground I should return back to my normal self all the time, not just 90% of the time.

If anyone has felt like this I understand, it's unbelievable how many people who I have met and also who I have known who have had a life blip or know someone who has gone through something similar.

It's a horrible thing but it's all in the mind. It's certainly amazing how your mind can cause physical symptoms. The fight or flight reaction is more powerful than you could imagine.

I thought i'd share this, if anyone has had the same reactions to Mirt please feel free to reply. This started as a Mirtazapine post but it kind of grew and evolved!

Marc