PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram -bad headache

ashley
09-04-06, 18:30
Ive just started taking my anti-depressants..10mg to start with.. then i will later up it to 20mg if i have the guts to that is.i have a masif phobia of tablets like most of us do on here, i knew i would be anxious when i first took them that was bound to happen as it was in my brain to happen anyway.. but naturally i also know from taking them years ago, that they do give side effects .. its how they work..
Im scared..im shaky, anxious, hypo,confused and drowsy...
oh i am so fed up with all of this, i cant handle it.
I just dont want a full blown panic attack..im so scared of this

Also its my second day and i am having nasty nasty headaches, mostly above left eyebrow..please could anyone help me on this... and i havnt suffered from headaches for years.

ash x

jackie
09-04-06, 19:11
ash come on youve been here b4 and you know how it goes. you are a brave woman just go with it if you can and see how far you can go with it. no pressure hun but if you know that in the end they ease this horrible feeling then try to stick with it

jackie

honeybee3939
10-04-06, 16:56
Hi Ashley,

I have been taking Citalopram for nearlya week now, like you i have had the same side effects, my anxiety as been alot worse, felt sick, tierd, shakey and i have been finding it hard to even leave my home without panic. But i did expect to feel like this as i have taken this medication before and believe me in time they did make me better, so stick with them like i am doing, you should start to feel better soon.

Love Andrea
xxx

ashley
10-04-06, 17:48
arrr thanx honey

thanx for replying i appriecate it totally.. the headaches i get are nasty and i dont usually suffer with this .. but god there not too pleasant atall.
Ok gal if you are going with these tablets then i will carry on to.

Let me know how your doing love, hope it all goes well.

love ashley xxx :D:D:D:D

nomorepanic
10-04-06, 18:04
Ashley

It could take about 2-3 weeks till you settle down on the tablets so you may feel worse to start with I am afraid.

Nicola

Southern_Belle
10-04-06, 18:52
Ashley,

I too got terrible headaches starting out on the medications but please stick with it, in the end I think it will do some good.

Bel

ashley
11-04-06, 18:41
Thanx to nic and belle..
Well i shall keep going but its not easy ,,, but no pain no gain i guess huh.

with love ashley

karen2
11-04-06, 21:51
hi. I just found this site and I was going to ask exactly the same question.I've had stress headaches every day for the last month but they are getting worse- pain in the back of my head and neck aswell now.I'm only on my second day of taking 20mg but coping with 2 kids and three jobs is going to be very difficult till it sorts itself out! the only way i think i can get through this is that it might sort out 25 years of torment and we have to keep reminding ourselves of that.Good luck and I'm away to be sick!
Karen

me-oh-my

tara
11-04-06, 21:54
Hi Ash, when i first started taking citalopram i got blinders (headaches)
wow they reallt got me down, pains in my head aswel, but they did passafter a little while, and i found the meds wonderful for me, i called them a wonder drug. Hope they work real well for you hun. Tara xx

ashley
11-04-06, 22:27
Hay tara.
Trying my best .. not easy feel aggitated/headaches as i have said panickey and extremley drowsy,grugged up like.. keep saying come on ash keep with it..but love its not easy.. and i feel like crying.

Karen keep trying with the tablets,, i am 2 as you know..nothink is easy but lets hope they give us what we need huh..peace within ourselfs.. and to be fear free..well at least some what huh x

:D thanx girls and everyone .. i shall keep posting xx

ashley

solota
13-04-06, 15:35
Hi I have been on these tabs (10mg then to 20mg) for a total of about 5 weeks now. I have had some horrible side effects and probably the worst panic attacks ever. Having sad that I am starting to feel a lot better and if I can cope with adopting 2 young boys, childminding all day through the holidays, a teenager daughter and my car blowing up and still feel ok you can do it too. I have started going to 'Body Balance' a mixture of yoga, pilates and thai chai. It is really helping because 2 weeks ago I couldn't even go to the shop for fags. You will come through it and I wish you all the luck in the world. Keep with it!!!

honeybee3939
13-04-06, 17:15
Ashley,

Just to let you know i have been taking Citalopram now for going on for 2 weeks, im starting to feel more relaxed and not as panicky, the drowsy and shakey symptoms have passed and generaly feel alot better, hope you are feeling better too.

Love Andrea
xxxx

ashley
14-04-06, 16:40
hi there solota and andrea

Thanx for you replys-
I have found things very difficult on these tablets, i just hope and pray this will all be worth it, because i will be so gutted if ive stuck to the pain of the side efffects and nothink has changed for me, it will so depress me too much.
I have had been on the verge of PA.. and anixous badley,, racing heart most of the time..drowzyness with it which is a nightmare when ya heart is racing full steam... ive hardley slept..and i have bad headaches still.

Ok so it day 6 on 10mg of citalopram.. when will it lessen.. i dont want to give up, because now after six days i know by stoping them i will feel crap.. and yet carrying on i still feel crap...help..
I have to increase them to 20mg sunday ..dear oh dear ..wot then, will i have more side effects again.

If anyone could give me some advice or anything, great.. [V]

ashley x

karen2
14-04-06, 17:04
ashley,
have you thought about going to the docs and asking for diazipam or something else to help you sleep? I'm seriosly thinking about it because a restful sleep should make the daytime easier to cope with,
love n' hugs, Karen x

me-oh-my

ashley
14-04-06, 17:48
Hi ya karen

I have got a supply of them ..but it was very big of me taking these to be honest with ya .. so adding that would freak me too much..maybe on an extreme emergency..(big phobia of tablets)

ashley x

karen2
14-04-06, 18:22
i understand. maybe if you took half of one just before you try to get to sleep it might help. the only diffirence is you'll feel a bit more groggy for a short while in the morning.what mg are they? if the are 5mg tabs you could cut it in half and that may be enough to calm your mind. i'm going back to the docs on tuesday if i'm not getting better to get more 5mg tabs.i don't want to be taking any more tablets than i really have to, but i also don'twant to give up on the citalopram till they have chance to work. saying that ,i don't have a phobia about taking pills.(i had a bad drug habit years ago- did a lot of escaping, so thats my reason for not wanting to go there again.i haven't taken anything for 8 years, so i am anxious about taking pills that i don't need)but as i don't have a phobia i can't fully put myself in your shoes.
good luck ducks,karen xx

me-oh-my

joanne87
14-04-06, 21:21
hi Ashley

I hope your okay and i would just like to say i experienced really bed headaches when i started om the citopram and i asked the doc and he said he didnt think it was them but (however strange this sounds) the headaches have become less frequent and milder since the doc upped my dosage to 40mg.

hope this is of some help to you

Jo x

Tremble
07-12-11, 11:41
I am on day three of Citalopram and so far it sucks.

had the worst headache for two days and the side affects seem the same as my symptoms, so I am not sure whats what.
Also my eyes are like saucers.

Does anyone no if it is preferable to take tablet before bed to miss out on some of the side affects?

Allison 87
09-08-12, 08:46
Hiya

I have been taking Citralopam for about 3 months now and my GP increased my dosage from 20mg to 40mg last week, since I have been taking these I have been suffering with severe headaches and today ive been experiencing a pulsing pain in the left side of my head. Is this a normal side affect?

I know that these take a month or so for your body to adjust.

Any info is much appreciated.

Thank you :scared15:

Iggy131313
09-08-12, 08:53
Hi Alison, yes the headaches are normal and can appear and dissapear at will! Ive been on 20ml for 4 weeks now and still get the headaches, they are intense and sometimes I just get a really intense shock of pain for a few seconds then gone other times a more lasting pain. Dont worry and tough them out. xx

Allison 87
09-08-12, 09:16
Thank you, Ive got a catch up with my GP today so im going to mention it to them.

tattoodal
15-01-13, 16:28
i am on my third week of taken them and also have daily bad headaches .like you i am hoping to get some sort of normality back in my life so we must stick with them if after six weeks they dont work then see your gp