PDA

View Full Version : Nausea

emmawalton
30-03-11, 09:46
Hi all, for the past few days i have been suffering with nausea, i do suffer with ibs and health anxiety and was wondering if this all connected, any advice would be much appreciated, its horrid feeling like this.

Thanks.

kah
30-03-11, 11:57
I suffer with all of those; nausea, IBS, lightheadedness and HA and a lot of people on here do so I would guess that they are all related. I can't stand the constant nausea, just makes me feel yukky!!!

emmawalton
30-03-11, 12:18
its nice to know that i am not in this position alone, hate feeling like this always worrying, now worried that i have appendicitis as nausea a symptom of that and had pain earlier in my right side its gone now only lasted about 30 seconds.

Mogwog
30-03-11, 15:11
I have IBS and suffer from anxiety on a aily basis and this all makes me feel nauseous most days. You're not alone.

Laura.xx

emmawalton
30-03-11, 15:50
thanks laura do you feel there is always something wrong with you too.

darcy
30-03-11, 16:01
aww poor you.. i sooo know how u feel.. ive had constant nausea since september and its been awful.. i get up in the mornings and think 'here we go again' .... my g.p gave me some tabs which have helped but i burb an awful lot too ... he says its all anxiety related.. did bloods which came back raised white blood cells, says thats just from my cold... its poo aint it!!? i panic ive got a brain tumor .... why dont you go and see your dr for something to ease it.. good luck xx

emmawalton
30-03-11, 16:56
thanks been to the doctor before and he suggest antidepressants but not going down that route, going back on Monday and will see a female doctor hopefully be more understanding. Anxiety does strange things doesn't it.

honeyp1e
30-03-11, 17:04
Hi all, for the past few days i have been suffering with nausea, i do suffer with ibs and health anxiety and was wondering if this all connected, any advice would be much appreciated, its horrid feeling like this.

Thanks.

are you on any meds for your nausea...?
i suffer alot with this its horrible x

emmawalton
30-03-11, 17:17
no didn't know i could get any, what do you take and what causes yours?

honeyp1e
30-03-11, 17:28
no didn't know i could get any, what do you take and what causes yours?

lately its been bad acid am having plus anxiety can cause it and my ibs :weep: i get motilium off my doc but you can also buy them in the chemist/bots etc about £3 odd there great many people on here use them look them up xx

wots causing yours ??

thisgoesupto11
30-03-11, 20:18
I've been having nausea on and off for the last few months also. Just had it bad last few mornings, so I can relate to how u feel! Ive had acid reflux for a while also. Did try motilium but had bad cramps with it, may try it again anyway, probably better than the nausea!

So can nausea be caused by anxiety?

haynsey
30-03-11, 20:45
Yep,
I get nervous belly, every morning the thought of eating breakfast makes me ill.
I have always had nausea in the mornings every bloody day as far back as i can remember aaghhhhhhhhh:emot-puke:

emmawalton
31-03-11, 09:30
i really can't pinpoint a reason as to why i feel like i do, its horrid. What is motilium?

thisgoesupto11
31-03-11, 10:35
THink motilium is used to help nausea, it helps also to move things along, if you see what i mean! Give it a google, its freely available OTC.

Jemlou
31-03-11, 11:14
I have suffered with nausea for a long long time and have only just started to admitt i needed help as it was taking over my life, i dont like to go to social events becuae i think "what if i feel sick" etc.

Nausea is a symptom of anxiety and i have excepted that i need to take anxiety meds!!! I am on Citalopram and an anti nausea med Domperidone.

You are soooooooooo not alone! and a lot of us struggle through each day.

I have only been on my meds a week - i have a long way to go but i do feel i am moving up the scale to a more positive place than i was this time last week i was sobbing my heart out in the doctors office unable to even speak!

emmawalton
31-03-11, 13:43
thanks jemlou, have a doctors appointment on monday so going to see what i can take, what is citalopram lots of people here seem to be on that.

honeyp1e
03-04-11, 11:36
thanks jemlou, have a doctors appointment on monday so going to see what i can take, what is citalopram lots of people here seem to be on that.

Citalopram is an anti-depressant med and really good x