PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do anymore..

Ellis81
30-03-11, 10:59
Hi guys...im fed up been off work for nearly 3 weeks, and one minute Im getting somewhere and then the next I feel like im on a backward spiral!
Just feel fed up..I want to get on with life as I normally do - but if I go out or do stuff I get exhausted so I end up in the evening coming over all funny and having a near on panic attack! so the doc said dont over do it and rest and stop doing too much (see her every wk at mo) but now im like stuck in the house doing jack and worried that if I just rest as the hubby and doc says that ill end up brainwashing myself im safer indoors and become even worse! I feel im in a vicious cycle..my hubby says I need to say positive things to help my mind, like ' im staying in today and reading a book as I need to rest and get well", ..and be positive - I know he;s right but im finding it easier said then done that im now worrying about what I might become!! argh!

Was prescribed meds 'CIT' still not taken them yet as I've been determined to snap myself out of this mental state of mind I have..but im struggling still...got sick with flu yesterday and was laid up in bed all day - then sheer panic once again took over making me think there really must be underlying problem here why Im getting iller by the day!

Im thinking now be the time to take the meds...i just dont want to though - has anyone got something POSITIVE above the meds..they cant be bad for all can they? need some help on where I go from here..:weep:

blueangel
30-03-11, 12:49
I think most of us can only speak as we find about medication, but from my point of view, they have dragged me back from the brink a number of times.

As I've suffered with anxiety/depression for many years, I've taken a number of different anti-depressants, including amitryptiline, imipramine, Seroxat and Citalopram. Of these, I have definitely found Citalopram to work the best (but we're all different).

The older-style drugs are very useful if you're having real problems sleeping, as they have a sedating action. The newer ones (SSRIs) don't do this anywhere near as much, and in fact can make some people feel agitated when they first start taking them, but this usually wears off after a couple of weeks.

For me, I've found that as long as I eat something at the same time as I take medication, this reduces the nausea that you can get at first. When I went back on citalopram about three months ago, for the first time I experienced some agitation and an increase in anxiety for about 10 days, but I was nearly off the scale on the anxiety scores by that time anyway and was just not coping at all.

Coupled with some CBT, I now feel a whole lot better and am coping with a lot of stress at work and a very rapid house-move without feeling too bad at all, so compared to three months ago, I'm pretty bomb-proof now.

Ellis81
30-03-11, 14:42
Thanks BlueAngel - your most helpful it's given me something positive to think on...from someone that doesnt completely slate CIT for bein awful!

Not that Im one to have had medication much in my life but anytime I have done for certain things - I've never really had a side effect, so maybe I may just be ok like you. Glad to hear that you've got on with the normal everyday stress of work etc..thats how I need to feel able to get through the day instead of feeling petrified of going back to the job ive done for 8 yrs!! just dont wanna feel sh*t anymore :-(
Im still awaiting the CBT - so I really want to start this sooner rather than later as I think for me this will help, doc also thinks itl help me back into work.. :)