PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

rach1981
30-03-11, 13:14
Hi, Ive never used a forum before and hope im doing it right. Ive just been prescribed citalopram 20mg. Im 29yrs old, 2 great kids and a great partner but im so unhappy. I dont know why as i have everything i could want. Ive convinced myself im fat, ugly and worthless. I feel like every one is miles better off with out me and my moods. I feel sorry for my eldest son cos he keeps saying i used to be fun. so clearly he sensing things arnt good with me. i dont want to leave the house, bad luck seems to follow me around. im exhausted and always crying.
Please advise me on citalopram!!!! will it help me????

Thanks
rach

diane07
30-03-11, 13:15
Hi rach1981

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

scottboy
30-03-11, 18:44
Hi Rach.

Ive been on citalopram for 5wks now,so far i think iam slowly getting better.
Dont expect them to work overnight they take time in some cases 6 to 8 wks but quicker in others.The side effects have not been pleasent for me,but are less severe for others so try to stick with em as things do get better.

Your circumstances seem very similar to mine so i feel for you especially when your kids are noticing the difference in you,hope this helps and keep us informed about your progress,rgds scott.