PDA

View Full Version : how can i ignore the negative thinking and just eat ??

honeyp1e
30-03-11, 14:44
am having trouble eating i lose my appetite when am anxious and am also emetophobic (fear of vomiting) and now am fearing anything and everything am really hungry and i will get up make myself something to eat like this morning had a bowl of porridge and first spoonfull i enjoy it and think ok not so bad as am just dressing my children for school as am eating bit of distraction but once i've finished the bowl etc and i sit back down before i can even think my mind is off on m=one i then start feeling my chest and stomach getting tight / negative thoughts etc
and i freak out thinking i have a bug and shouldn't of eaten or that i worry it will kick off my belly and once ive finished the food i always want more as am hungry but i get all these neg thoughts
how can i ignore them as my body just starts to tremble / mind works over times i can't cope with this i want to just eat ???

also while eating i start getting a nervous belly like i need the loo only i dont and i start trembling whats wrong with me ??

Dahlia
30-03-11, 16:50
Honeypie, are you taking any meds for anxiety? As we all know on here, CBT works well for negative thinking, but as you are having real problems eating due to anxiety, this might be one of those instances where meds are needed just to get you into an ok place, so you can eat again? Once you are able to start eating, you'll find that the anxiety lessens, because not eating can make anxiety worse - so it's a vicious circle. Then you can work through the issues in CBT.

honeyp1e
30-03-11, 17:01
Honeypie, are you taking any meds for anxiety? As we all know on here, CBT works well for negative thinking, but as you are having real problems eating due to anxiety, this might be one of those instances where meds are needed just to get you into an ok place, so you can eat again? Once you are able to start eating, you'll find that the anxiety lessens, because not eating can make anxiety worse - so it's a vicious circle. Then you can work through the issues in CBT.

hi i have not long started on citalopram so they not yet in my system but god i cant wait till they are just to stop all this negative thinking as i no its not real but its just all the chatting and feelings i get from it x

emmawalton
30-03-11, 17:20
i know how you feel going to my docs again on monday as fed up of feeling this way, just want to be healthy and not worry constantly.

honeyp1e
30-03-11, 17:31
i know how you feel going to my docs again on monday as fed up of feeling this way, just want to be healthy and not worry constantly.

its just getting me down so much as its all about not eating and i have always been a great eater untill my anxiety got real bad and now i just cant eat and listen to much to neg thinking :weep:

Dahlia
30-03-11, 17:40
hi i have not long started on citalopram so they not yet in my system but god i cant wait till they are just to stop all this negative thinking as i no its not real but its just all the chatting and feelings i get from it x

Well that's good. Try to sit with the anxiety for the time being, it's always a little worse when you first start on meds, so remind yourself that's all it is. And don't beat yourself up for not eating, once you feel more relaxed (ie the meds have kicked in), you should find it easier. Just try to eat something little and often, to keep your blood sugar levels constant.

honeyp1e
30-03-11, 18:32
Well that's good. Try to sit with the anxiety for the time being, it's always a little worse when you first start on meds, so remind yourself that's all it is. And don't beat yourself up for not eating, once you feel more relaxed (ie the meds have kicked in), you should find it easier. Just try to eat something little and often, to keep your blood sugar levels constant.

yea am having the trembling and feeling a little more anxious i have had these before so i remember they made me feel worse before i started to feel better but i no that will pass and i have been feeling bad anyway so cant make a difference :wacko: i have eaten little today which is good for me and hopefully i will keep it up otherwise my doc said i will have to go into hospital which i really dont want x