PDA

View Full Version : Dizziniess

Katie1989
30-03-11, 17:18
Anyone here suffering from dizziness?
Im currently taking sertraline for my depression and anxiety been on them for 4 weeks but havent noticed any change yet.
Went to the doctor about my dizziness yesterday as its something i used to suffer with for 2 years but it went and now it seems its back.

Anyone taking prochlorperazine? If so does it work for you.
I was prescribed it yesterday but havent taken it yet am a bit nervous to take new thing incase they make me worse.
Thanks
Katie x

KK77
30-03-11, 17:59
Do you suffer from low BP, or is it genuine dizziness (ie, spinning sensation etc)? Sertraline can cause low BP in some people - postural hypotension - when going from sitting to standing position quickly, although panic/anxiety can also cause dizziness.

Prochlorperazine did nothing for my dizziness or migraine I'm afraid, but no harm in giving it a go.

DeetheTree
04-04-11, 16:53
I'm also suffering form dizziness at the moment and it has lasted 6 mths :(
I was give the same drug at the beginning and it did nothing for me.
I was sorta diagnosed with labyrinthitis but it comes and goes (it is always there 24/7 but gets better/worse over the day) so i wonder if its anxiety?
Is it possible chronic dizziness could be anxiety??

Ddcoo
05-04-11, 09:19
Hi Katie, I have used Prochlorperazine for a long time now and it works well for me. I don't use it every day, only when I need it and within an hour the symptoms go away. It leaves a funny taste for a while after taking, but apart from that I have not experienced any bad side effects.

Everyone is different so it would be worth a try hope you feel better soon.:laugh:

Katie1989
05-04-11, 16:12
Thanks for the reply mine gets worse throughout the day as well. I can start out okay in the morning but by 7pm its overwhelming.

Its good to here that the medication has worked for someone because wherever I have looked people have said its not worked for them and thats put me of taking them as well as all the side effects. I might try one later :)xx