PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday :)

MidnightCalm
30-03-11, 19:07
You guys might not see this as much of an achievement but for me I think it was a massive one.
I haven't really been in a car for about half a year or more, when I get in I get dizzy, my breathing goes weird and I get lightheaded, get hot, panicky and have to leave within 5 minutes.
Yesterday I managed to get to my friends even though we had to stop twice, it's like a 20 min drive and then back again, I did think I'd have to leave a few times but I made it! Then we went to Sainsbury's which I haven't done in a while either! I felt bad but I carried on!
Then we took her home again and there was traffic so it took about 30 mins there and then 30 mins back!
Thennnn! We picked my friend up from work which was like 15 mins and then back again.
Sounds like nothing but to do so many car journeys in one day after being too scared to even do a minute in a car is a pretty big achievement for me atm.
The last journed nearly had me jumping out the car though my breathing was horrible, I was sweating profusely, I got weird tastes and burning then cold feelings in my throat, vision was blurry, literally felt like death but when I got out I felt around 60% better! Which also has made me feel better because if this was something deadly like I believe it wouldn't worsen in the situations I feel uncomfortable in, it wouldn't get better when I get back home!
Just had to do this :)!

karlwirral
30-03-11, 19:10
Well done thats a really big acheivement and you should be proud of yourself.

:)

Hazel B
30-03-11, 19:43
:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:
Well done!

MidnightCalm
31-03-11, 13:36
Thank you! As weird as it sounds it was exhausting!x

paula lynne
31-03-11, 14:13
As an agoraphobic (recovering)....that car journey is HUGE!!!! Well done!!!!!! I know it wasnt comfortable for you, but keep at it. Youve cracked this....you understand about situational anxiety.......youve made MASSIVE progress here. Treat yourself to something nice, you so deserve it!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!! :yesyes:

Magic
31-03-11, 16:04
To MidnightCalm
VERY VERY WELL DONE :bighug:

Jemlou
01-04-11, 08:30
well done - you should be really really proud of yourself and treat yourself to something new as an encouragement!

Spongeballz
01-04-11, 09:11
May this provide you with the inspiration you need to succeed :)
Congratulations! :D

Earthworm
01-04-11, 09:35
What an awesome achievement - WELL DONE and thanks for sharing with us :yesyes: