PDA

View Full Version : scared about next attack

crazychick
09-04-06, 21:46
i am really scared about my next panic attack. i think when i used to take them often - daily, they were sometimes a bit easier to deal with but now i take them less often i seem to panic more and can not deal with them at all. it was four weeks between my last 2 attacks which for me is a major step but i am scared my next one will be in a shorter time than that and everyone will be disapointed in me? my friends etc find them hard to deal with anyway and i'm scared i'm going to scare them all away and i'll end up alone. i just want the panic attacks to go, i'm not a bad person but i feel like i'm getting punished and i can not cope for much longr this has happened for too long.

Paddington
09-04-06, 21:54
hi sweetie,i do understand how you feel.we concentrate too much on 'the next one' that we dont enjoy the time with out them!!but you see how much better you are getting!i think the attacks have always been as bad BUT as you donthave them every day,they FEEL MORE INTENSE!i too dont have friends who understand ,but dear crazy chick,we do in another way ,we HAVE ALL OF US DONT WE??!!You will get thru this,and we will be here to help you.pm me any time.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

crazychick
09-04-06, 21:58
thank you so much mary rose. its so nice to have someone who understands. i do think they are worse when they happen and other people who do support me have noticed that as well but maybe because they happen less i just panic more and make it worse for myself.
i just feel i was doing so well and if i have another one in less than four weeks i'l feel like i've failed and let myself and everyone else who does support me down.