PDA

View Full Version : High Blood Pressure-Panic!!!!!!

Mark801
31-03-11, 02:28
Hey guys, hope all is well.

I haven't posted in a while cuz I've been doinf real well. I haven't been obsessing with my heart or other stuff and my anxiety has improved for the better.

I got back my old job for a while and things have been good. Except that I've been up at about 8 am seven days a week. If it's not school, it's work and I come home completely drained.

I've been obsessing that me being tired is due to an imaginable thyroid issue. My mom keeps reassuring me that I am up at 8am everyday and since I got back my weekend job, there's no such thing as sleeping in which makes me tired.

I'm taking a nutrition class in college to learn to eat and be healthier and it's been ok so far but we were talking about thyroid issues which made me go into complete panic cuz they said thyroid issues can cause heart attacks:ohmy:.

Then just now I decided to randomly go test my blood pressure and its 131/90, hr was 90!:ohmy: This reading was on the 3rd try. The first two times, the reading was recorded as "error", I guess because I was moving a bit. But after It "errord" twice, I started freaking out and when I finally got a measuremnt the 3rd time, it was 131/90!!!

In nutrition class, we were also talking about blood pressure and it freaked me out a bit because this was how my anxiety started. I started obsessing over my blood pressure and heart rate.

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that I'm only 21 and my lifestyle I'll admit is very busy. I mean I would describe it as crazy busy :roflmao:.

But my rescent blood pressure reading has really freaked me out to the point that a heart attack or stroke is in the near future for me and well, I'm terrified. :weep:

Thanks for listening everyone, Mark.

Spongeballz
31-03-11, 02:41
Mark mate, surely the fact that you recieved an error the first two times will have made your heart race and the blood pump. I cannot see how this can be an accurate result, given you were stressed by the first two failed measurements :/
Why not go back and test it again, perhaps if it works the first time you'll be able to gain a more reliable result?

Mark801
31-03-11, 02:53
Thanks for your quick response.

I just left my grammas house and I don't have my own monitor. I threw mines away last year when I kept obsessing over my heart so much.

I definitely did panic after the machine kept erroring and to be honest, my good mind is saying "don't belive the reading" while my anxiety mind is saying "OMG my BP is High":weep:

My normal blood pressure is around 110-115/70-75 so a reading like this is high for me.

karlwirral
31-03-11, 08:46
131/90 is in the normal range anyway and would not be considered high blood pressure

jothenurse
01-04-11, 01:12
A one time reading like that is nothing to worry about. I'm sure if you would have relaxed for a few minutes and did it again it would have come down. Don't worry about it.

oldtime
01-04-11, 08:18
If your heart rate is 90 then you blood pressure will be higher. When you are jogging and your heart rate is 135 your blood pressure is much higher. It's not a constant thing the BP varies as needed by your body.
There is no point measuring BP if you can't relax enough to measure it properly, you need to get a reading when your heart rate is at rest 60-70 and you are sitting down.

cathycrumble
11-06-11, 22:55
As for worrying about thyroid desease please dont i have had it for 30 years I had an overactive thyroid it is called Graves desease named after a doctor Graves lol. My worry is trying to relax while having my bp taken i felt it was a silly fear but after reading messages on this forum I feel I am not alone and it is making me feel better and maybe will help me to relax more. Thanks Cathycrumble xx

cathycrumble
11-06-11, 23:01
Hi Mark
I am new on here and not sure how to send or reply lol. But i can reasure you not to worry about thyroid problems i have had my thyroid desease for 30 years i had Graves which is an over active thyroid And may I also say men do get it but it is more common in women And it is controled with medication I know lots of people who have it and thy live a normal life thy do say it can run in families, it does run in my family Hope this helps

Cathycrumble xx