PDA

View Full Version : struggling! :(

punkprincess19
31-03-11, 12:16
Hi everyone!

I've not been on here for a while as I was trying my very best to get myself better! The problem is, it's not working!!! Recently, new symptoms have developed and have had me very worried and anxious! I was wondering if anyone else has had the same...?

Here are all my symptoms:

Neck feels swollen - new
Difficult to swallow sometimes - new
Sharp pain going from middle of neck at front to jaw on left side - new
Muscles suddenly going tight in neck for a few seconds, painful - new
Neck feels warm to touch - new
Trouble breathing, feels like something is obstructing my airway
Dizziness/lightheaded/fuzzy head
Seeing black spots in vision
Pressure in chest
Sore back
Constant dull stomach pain
Tightness and pain under sternum and "twitching"
Feeling hot in my head but not sweating
Tired all the time
Odd sensations suddenly come over body
Nausea
Palpatations/fluttering in chest
Pain in knees
Mucus in stool everyday
Lump in groin
Lumps in neck - 2 on each side but in different place. Bigger on left but no more than pea size.
Loss of appetite resulting in weight loss! BMI is now at underweight!!!

I'm finding it hard to believe that it's all just anxiety! I'm anxious BECAUSE of these symptoms but my doctor won't help me! I'm starting CBT next week but whereas before I was feeling positive about that, I'm now beginning to wonder if it's even going to work if the problem is that there is actually something wrong with me as the symptoms will just continue! I just don't know what to do anymore! I'm scared and anxious all the time and can't stand it anymore! I'm on my own all day and it's a nightmare!

A friend has suggested that maybe I'm suffering from adrenal fatigue and candida but it's hard work changing my diet for this as I can barely eat as it is!

Can someone please help! I'm so scared and don't know what to do or where to get the help I need!!!

Test I've had:

Blood tests in Nov 2009 (I don't know what was testing at this time though)
ECG
24 hour holter
Chest X-ray

All came back fine...

Any help/advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

countrygirl
31-03-11, 13:44
Hi - alot of the symptoms on your list especially at the top could all be due to tight neck muscles due to anxiety. Tight neck muscles from whatever reason can give you a huge list of symptoms of which you have most of them! I speak from experience as my tight neck muscles are due to a slipped disc and bad arthritis but my symptoms are exactly same as yours. The suddenly tightening neck muscles you mention is the giveaway:)

I also get dizziness/ vertigo and strange faling sensations and they are all from my poor neck. I have had brain mris so know its nothing to do with my brain. I even had camera down my throat because of the stangled choking feeling and again nothing other than my usual haitus hernia.

Have you taken your list to your GP and shown them - it would be useful as they could explain better than I can and hopefully put your mind at rest.

don't worry that you may have a neck problem as you would also get terrible nerve pain down you arm or into your head if it was a neck "problem " rather than tight muscles.

Sammylou
31-03-11, 13:58
Hi, Im also struggling a bit at the minute, thought I was on the mend them boom i seem to have developed new symptoms which linger all day. I have light headedness, feel weak all over, have head pain, feel like I cant breathe. I dont sleep very well and am starting to wonder if that is having an impact on my anxiety. I just feel ill all the time again and like you spend all day on my own and just worry all day that I have an illness that has been missed or im going to die! Are you on any meds. Its so hard to cope with anxiety isnt it, i just want to wake up on an morning and feel well. x x

punkprincess19
31-03-11, 14:22
Hi - alot of the symptoms on your list especially at the top could all be due to tight neck muscles due to anxiety. Tight neck muscles from whatever reason can give you a huge list of symptoms of which you have most of them! I speak from experience as my tight neck muscles are due to a slipped disc and bad arthritis but my symptoms are exactly same as yours. The suddenly tightening neck muscles you mention is the giveaway:)

I also get dizziness/ vertigo and strange faling sensations and they are all from my poor neck. I have had brain mris so know its nothing to do with my brain. I even had camera down my throat because of the stangled choking feeling and again nothing other than my usual haitus hernia.

Have you taken your list to your GP and shown them - it would be useful as they could explain better than I can and hopefully put your mind at rest.

don't worry that you may have a neck problem as you would also get terrible nerve pain down you arm or into your head if it was a neck "problem " rather than tight muscles.

Thank you countrygirl for your reply.

I have shown a list to my doctor in the past but not since the new symptoms with my neck have appeared. I'm not due to see my doctor for another 6 weeks and I don't want to be seen as just wasting their time by going to see her earlier. I try to relax as much as possible but my neck never seems to let up at all. Even now I can feel it burning, it's so warm to touch!

I asked my doctor if there was a chance I could have a hiatus hernia but she just said I was too young... what tests did you have to find out you had the hiatus hernia? Was it just the camera down the throat?

x

punkprincess19
31-03-11, 14:23
Hi, Im also struggling a bit at the minute, thought I was on the mend them boom i seem to have developed new symptoms which linger all day. I have light headedness, feel weak all over, have head pain, feel like I cant breathe. I dont sleep very well and am starting to wonder if that is having an impact on my anxiety. I just feel ill all the time again and like you spend all day on my own and just worry all day that I have an illness that has been missed or im going to die! Are you on any meds. Its so hard to cope with anxiety isnt it, i just want to wake up on an morning and feel well. x x

Hi Sammylou, thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment as well. It sounds like you're having it just as bad as I am at the moment!

I'm not on any meds, I couldn't handle the side effects! Are you on any meds?

x

Stezzle
31-03-11, 14:36
the hot head and a few others like lumps in the neck could be your glands being up due to an infection like flu, cold. Fever is always a sign of an infection, be that viral or bacterial.

RND2011
31-03-11, 20:11
Hi - have you seen your dentist recently. Mine listed a number of my symptoms e.g dizziness, neck-ache, light-headedness, migraine, face pain, ear-ache, feeling exhausted in the mornings as being the result of teeth clenching /grinding at night. I'm having a mouth guard made and hopefully I can then get into a more upward spiral and lessen the anxiety symptoms which go along with feeling rough all the time.

Just a thought. Hope it helps

punkprincess19
31-03-11, 20:16
Hi - have you seen your dentist recently. Mine listed a number of my symptoms e.g dizziness, neck-ache, light-headedness, migraine, face pain, ear-ache, feeling exhausted in the mornings as being the result of teeth clenching /grinding at night. I'm having a mouth guard made and hopefully I can then get into a more upward spiral and lessen the anxiety symptoms which go along with feeling rough all the time.

Just a thought. Hope it helps

Thanks for the reply RND2011, I've never considered that as a possibility. Unfortunately though, I'm off work due to the severity of my symptoms and anxiety and so I can't afford a trip to the dentist at the moment :( I'll have to ask my partner to keep an eye on me next time I'm asleep before him and see if he notices me grinding my teeth! I hope the mouth guard works for you :) x

Anxious_gal
17-04-11, 06:54
I have the same symptoms but for the lump in groin which I assume is a swollen lymph node, the mucous and the belly pain.
I have no tests, but the lumps in my neck are driving me up the wall, only been to my doctor once about it and they are rather painful at the moment.

the anxiety could be causing your muscles to tense up maybe.
Every days a struggle with these awful symptoms at the moment.
yeah my painful lumps are causing my anxiety big time!!

which symptoms bother you the most?

punkprincess19
17-04-11, 09:49
I have the same symptoms but for the lump in groin which I assume is a swollen lymph node, the mucous and the belly pain.
I have no tests, but the lumps in my neck are driving me up the wall, only been to my doctor once about it and they are rather painful at the moment.

the anxiety could be causing your muscles to tense up maybe.
Every days a struggle with these awful symptoms at the moment.
yeah my painful lumps are causing my anxiety big time!!

which symptoms bother you the most?

Hi mishel, thanks for your reply. All the symptoms bother me quite bad but it's the breathing that scares me the most! I early panic when I feel like I can't breathe!

Since posting this the lumps in my groin have got bigger and there's also another lump come up on the right side too. I'm so scared that it's cancer! I have an appointment with a Gynocologist on the 18th May but that seems like a lifetime away for me! Do you think I should go back to my doctor to let them know the lumps are getting bigger and new ones are coming up?

What did the doctor say about the lumps in your neck?

It's awful feeling like this everyday! I'm so down about it all and just want to get better!! It's so hard to enjoy anything in life when I feel so ill all the time! :( x