PDA

View Full Version : does this go on forever?

Sennex
31-03-11, 12:48
Hi,

I have been experiencing anxiety and panic attacks for about 5 months and although its gradually getting better I do have the odd setback every couple of weeks. It is quite scay. Looking a this web site (which is great) one thing that does scare the bejeezus out of me is reading about people who have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for years and years. Is there anyone out there who got passed this and never went back?

Many thanks,

S

diane07
31-03-11, 12:52
Hi Sennex

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
31-03-11, 21:19
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

bazbaz71
01-04-11, 14:50
Hi Sennex,

I can only speak for myself. I've had anxiety problems for 25 years. But don't think that means I've been anxious for all that time. I've had months on end where I wondered what the hell I'd been worrying about. The hardest thing for me has been dealing with a setback after a good period like that, when you feel like you go backwards for a while.

I'd say try to be realistic. There doesn't seem to be a magic, fast cure unfortunately - so don't pressure yourself with some kind of super quick recovery timetable. Don't ignore the problem but give yourself space to deal with it at a comfortable pace.

Take it easy.
B