PDA

View Full Version : Advice - memory/brain fog

Rachel W
31-03-11, 18:08
Hi,

I just thought that I would share something that I found a few weeks back.
I was panicking because I was having major memory issues/brain fog. I am always stressed, but this problem is intermittent.

Anyway the reason why I am writing is I read that low estrogen can cause memory issues, and this happened 1.5 weeks before my period. The thing is I decided to eat natural plant estrogen in the form of cooked (from frozen) soy beans (Edamame). I found that after one or two days of eating about 3/4 cup each evening with my tea I could think more clearly and the day after I only used the wrong word in a sentence once.

Just a thought for us girls who find that we sometimes get a foggy feeling. It can be quite scary and was hoping that this may help someone.

snowgoose
31-03-11, 18:23
this has so helped me :hugs:
I am menopausal and so scared sometimes by this fog brain and cloudiness.

I was never the sharpest tool in the toolbox :blush::ohmy:
but it is worrying .

thank you for the tip and will try :flowers:

hope you are good x

Rachel W
01-04-11, 03:11
I am glad that I could be of help. I am 40, but still hope to have children so hope I am not going to go through menopause yet. the ironic thing is that my mind feels a little thicker today after writing the note. Oh well. I have also been feeling dizzy as it is my time of the month so hopefully just that.

What women have to put up with!!!

attwood
04-04-11, 20:20
oh god that expression so explains what i feel right now, gonna try and get some tomorrow..i find it very frightening too and its surely contributed to my relapse this week. i used to assocciate it with being in a green house, a kind of different world !!

abic77
28-04-11, 13:58
Hi ladies,

I'm relieved to see that i'm not the only person suffering (obv not in a good way!)

I have had slight dizziness but mainly foggy head/headaches and kind of a woosy feeling for 8 days now. I think i have PMT as i am due on (i'm on day 35 of my cycle) but this started 8 days ago so possibly coinciding with the PMT time. I usually get REALLY bad anger and impatience when I have PMT whereas this month i haven't really had any of that. Nor have i had the usual sore boobs thing either. Just wossy foggy head and headaches.

At first i thought it was depression returning but i am actually really happy at the moment.

I came off the pill in October to try to conceive (and came off citalopram in December too) and since then i have gone from strength to strength and not been anxious, stressed or depressed!

All this weird feeling is getting me down though as i don't know whats causing it....i'm wondering if it is PMT symptoms?

PS did a preggo test last week and it was negative! :-(

What do you think??? Do i have PMT??