PDA

View Full Version : What things cause you to panic?!

daydreamer
31-03-11, 20:08
Ok so whats the strangest thing thats caused you to have a panic attack?!!

I've been wearing a gilet all day, I have it zipped up to my chin and its been keeping me nice and snug in the breezy weather we've had today! Anyway, the heating just came on and I dont like being too warm or I end up getting flushed in the face, so I try and undo the zip and I cant cause its stuck. Immediately I feel my heart race and my breathing goes all rapid. I try to unzip it once or twice but again no joy, so I run to the scissor drawer thinking I will cut it open - "I have to get out of here". I then manage to pull the zip open and finally take the damn thing off.Then I realise Im actually having a panic attack because I can't get out of my gilet, like its going to kill me or something! You have to laugh sometimes!!!:roflmao:

PanchoGoz
31-03-11, 20:13
Wow! puts it into perspective. Perhaps the thing to do here would be to carry on with your life in the gilet (i dunno what a gilet is, is it jacket?) as if you never tried to open it, then try again in a few minutes in a different frame of mind maybe.
The strangest things that made me panic was a rock. I don't know why, but it was quite a big rock. Chyeah :L

honeyp1e
31-03-11, 20:20
i hate bein to hot makes me go into a panic if i fall asleep with the heating left on and i wake up all hot and flushed i start to feel panicky for some reason x

jenbo50
31-03-11, 21:04
The heat sets me off too. I hate it. No heating in our house - my partner sits on the sofa in a sleeping bag if it's cold as I can't stand getting too hot! :wacko:

However, the oddest event I had a big panic attack at was once when buying cat food. They had no chicken flavour (cats fav) and I just lost it. Legs to jelly, hyperventilating, sweats etc....all over bloody cat food! That's when I knew i was ill!!

A rock? Interesting....:) xxx

James82
01-04-11, 10:19
Wasps for me- if I see one I'll nearly instantly feel like I've swallowed one! Stupid I know... But its things like this that get to all of us the most. Don't care about bees, we had a bees nest in a log next to where I was working and I was fine standing no more than 3" away from it.