PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack Horror

madeuprolemodel
31-03-11, 21:19
So for the past few days i have been terrified of having a heart attack!

and right now i am finding it very hard to catch my breathe and my chest feels heavy and tight... im not the anxious but more worried....

i guess my weight has been worrying me recently as i have convinved myself because i am over weight i naturally will die of a heart attack..

anyone who else has this please help.

madeuprolemodel
31-03-11, 21:20
Oh and burping alot!

PokerFace
01-04-11, 15:12
I was terrified of having a heart attack for over a year, still am to be honest!

If you're worried that tends to make you anxious as well, if you feel like you can't get enough air but you're burping it sounds like you're over breathing without knowing it. Chest heavy/tight sounds like classic anxiety symptoms too because heart attacks have been preying on your mind the past few days. Of course I'm not a doctor, so maybe just going to pop and see your doc would put your mind 100% at rest? Maybe mention you're worried about your weight, they might point you in the right direction like a dietician.

Being overweight doesn't mean a heart attack is inevitable. My Great Aunty is in her 60s, been overweight all her life and hasn't had a heart attack. (touch wood, I don't like to tempt fate). Weight is something that can be changed too. If it's causing you a lot of emotional distress worrying about the effect your weight has on your psysical health you could go to a dietician or join a get fit club. Exercise keeps you healthy, will help you lose weight, strengthens your heart and helps keep anxiety at bay so it's a win win situation for people who mainly worry about their hearts! You don't have to join a gym or anything at first if you don't want to, there's a few dancing games for consoles out there at the moment that are heaps of fun and great exercise and you can do it all in the comfort of your own bedroom or living room. Work out DVDs are good too, there's some really fun ones.

Hope you feel better soon xx