PDA

View Full Version : reassurance needed

jothenurse
01-04-11, 00:06
Just looking for some reassurance. I've been doing pretty good. Was still having some tachycardia episodes/panic, but seemed to be dealing with it. Work is stressful, but doing it. The last few weeks though I have had more tachycardia episodes. The Nurse Practitioner just said it was the anxiety and wanted me to go back on Ativan. Told her I don't mind taking it once in awhile, but didn't want to take it on a regular basis. My potassium is low again, so have to take potassium pills (3.2) I've been taking them for the last couple of days and they will recheck my potassium level in a couple of weeks. I used to have to take these last year. I get scared taking them though because I'm afraid they may upset my stomach, though I don't think they really bothered me much before. My anxiety level is up and I'm not sure why. I think the tachycardia episodes scare me, even though they say my heart is fine. My job is extremely stressful and wonder if I should be looking for something that isn't so stressful? I am a director of nursing and feel like my workload is a lot. Everyone I work with is stressed out. Plus, there are meetings that I'm expected to go out of town for, and I haven't had to do that for several months and am scared to do that with the anxiety. (I have done it though even when my anxiety was higher). I also said I would to to the college I graduated from in town and do a presentation to the nursing leadership class. That is causing me anxiety, too. Usually I would enjoy that, but with the anxiety, it makes it hard to do. I know I've read before from other people that sometimes your anxiety goes up high again, but it will come back down.

MeganBooker
01-04-11, 08:46
You will feel ok again soon - the anxiety will lessen..... just takes time. You can do it :)

jothenurse
01-04-11, 12:39
Thank you for your reply.

paula lynne
01-04-11, 13:42
Hi Jo x
Yes, these anxiety episodes do seem to bite us on the bottom just when we think weve got it under some sort of control. Youre job title sounds EXTREAMLY stressful. Would you consider a job share post, or working part-time if possible?

Id admire your tenacity to be honest. The first casualty of my anxiety and panic was my nursing career.

As far as the presentation goes, remind yourself youve done it before. Use lavender to calm, and try some bach rescue remedy or similar. I hope you feel better soon, and if I were you, Id give some serious thought regarding your workload. Sending best wishes to you x

jothenurse
01-04-11, 22:57
Thanks. I think about getting a different nursing job, but haven't found anything yet.