Phill2
10-04-06, 06:11
Try this link
http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/hypo/
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

feege
10-04-06, 06:30
Very very intersting. What do other people think?

It seems to tie in with my problems.... I am convinced there is a dietary element...

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

mirry
10-04-06, 07:46
I feel this really has a big part in panic,
for example for the past week since my kids have been off school I have eaten more rubbish and my panics returned.

Its a very interesting topic , one that i have been interested in for some time.......following a restricted diet is so difficult long term but if it really helps I think its well worth the effort.

Maybe we should have a diet post where we can all swap healthy meal ideas?A test to see if we notise improvement over time.

mirryx

mirry
10-04-06, 08:37
I just read the page "DOCTORS AND HYPOGLYCAEMIA"

It says that many doctors do not accept that food can cause panic attacks and this is because there hasnt been much research about this.

I REALLY BELIEVE FOOD DOES CAUSE PANIC .....this is why.

When my son was 1 years old he was covered in eczema head to toe, in the end he got so bad he was admitted to hospital for 3 months where he was covered in bandages and the steroid treatment wasnt controlling it. I always remember I spoke to his doctor asking could it be food causing this and she replied No. In the end his life was in danger and i was in a state, a friend of mine came into the hospital telling me about proffesor warner "the uks leading allergy expert" I phoned him up at southampton hospital and begged him in tears to see my son which he kindly did. He fed my son for a week a powdered formular which has only calories and no allergys. WITHIN THE WEEK HIS SKIN WAS BETTER!
iT TURNED OUT ALL THE FOODS CAUSED HIS PROBLEMS.

Even to this day doctors do not tell their patients that food causes eczema, why i dont know ?
I believe this is the same for Hypoglycemia.

mirryx

Phill2
10-04-06, 08:49
Just eating small snacks of Low GI foods fro morning and afternoon tea has helped me greatly
Phill

mirry
10-04-06, 09:04
Yes i think it does help, ive done it many times but find it hard keeping it going. But i have to ask myself what do i want sugar or panic ?

The problem is all the artificial sugars are not allowed or honey....
I read the "Potatoes not prozac book" and it said panic was seen more often in alcoholics because the sugar intake they have.

I tried doing the low GI diet to see if it really works but no one on here seemed interested in joining me:(,
I would prefer if we had a group of us to try it out together and follow it up on a posting, we could share tips!

COME ON PUT THOSE EASTER EGGS IN THE BIN LOL.

mirryx

giddy
10-04-06, 09:09
Thanks for the link - very interesting. I've often wondered about hypoglacemia as eating too much sugar makes me worse.
Mirry - I'd be interested in trying a low GI diet - I've bought a couple of recipe books and it seems straight forward enough.
Love Helen

mirry
10-04-06, 09:15
Helen, I really want to do this long term and its so much nicer to be doing it with others.I will go start a post for it now!

Jullip thanks for putting in this post because i have been thinking about it alot the past few days and after reading your link i feel very determined to do it.
:D

mirryx

feege
10-04-06, 09:24
I'm very interested but I have been referred to a dietician after being diagnosed with a hiatus hernia and duodenitis so I don't want to do anything just yet.

I have also had IBS for years and I am about to try an exclusion diet with the dietician.

Groan. I guess I've been avoiding doing that for years!

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?

mirry
10-04-06, 09:50
HI feege, have you had a test to see if you have an infection in your stomach called ?? H PLYORIA or something like that[:I].

mirryx

feege
10-04-06, 10:07
Hi Mirry

Yes - and I recently had a biopsy to see if I had coeliac's as well which is when they found the hernia and duodenitis - but those two don't cause the other symptoms unfortunately! So they have referred me to a dietician for IBS (had loads of other tests done before).

I KNOW it's food related but can't work out exactly what's what.... I am very suspicious of salt, believe I am gluten sensitive but also now this alcohol thing makes me wonder about blood sugar levels. I have been very unwell for years (diagnosed with ME) and have huge amounts of stress at the moment so really need some support sorting out my diet!!

Bit of a mess really!!

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

mirry
10-04-06, 10:11
Feege, im sorry the way you are feeling but you can bounce back with help from your dietician. Food has alot to answer to, i suspect your dietician will put you on a program very simular to the GI diet.
When do you start your diet ?

mirryx

feege
10-04-06, 10:14
Thanks Mirry!

I am still waiting for the appointment - NHS you know!! I have leaflets about the exclusion diet but I want to talk to them first.

The GI diet looks like a really sensible thing to do though and I will be really intersted to see how you get on and I hope you find people to do it with you xx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Phill2
10-04-06, 11:36
Believe me guys you will notice the difference straight away-I did. Just remember the snacks between meals as they are really important.
Bananas are great.
Phill

Piglet
10-04-06, 16:15
I swear by bananas!!!!

I am sure alot of my panics are triggered by low blood sugar levels as the initial symptoms are so similiar and will definately be trying to make sure I include protein in every meal.

My diet in general isnt bad but I do allow myself chocolate here and there. I think something I do do though is eat lots of vegetables etc while forgetting about the protein.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

mirry
10-04-06, 16:59
thats funny you say that piglet because i dont eat much protien foods , i tend to eat alot of carbs. I love carbs.

mirryx

Phill2
10-04-06, 22:29
Bananas contain Tryptophan which the body transforms into Seratonin. If you want a good nights sleep have one about an hour before bed.
Phill