PDA

View Full Version : HELP - constant fear

everglades
01-04-11, 09:32
OK
have read some of the getting rid of 'Dr Google' thread
and understand
and agree

the thing is , I am not googling illnesses, not even typing in the c word, or stuff like that

i just type in a symptom, like 'face flushing' - and sudenly i am confronted with a whole new form of c. that includes other symptoms that i sort of have
and the more i read the more i fit
or then i google it somewhere else and oh yeah - great- mostly in people my age, - often treated as IBS but not - yes - etc
am literally terrified
but dr is putting everyting down to anxiety, esp as psychiatrist said i have chronic anxiety

yet some of the symptoms dont happen when i feel anxious - or at least not aware of it
they happen - THEN i get anxious

omg i am SO exhausted by it all, by being ok on off during the day
and then by the evening almost hysterical

SO
the psych. wants me to take pregabalin (lyrica) which i was meant to start in feb - but havent, yet
the gp says they need to stabalize things

really am all over the place with this, - have always had it a bit - but it has escalated massively - and of course there is always the constant fear
IT COULD BE TRUE
and what if it is, and the meds conceal it
or they dont conceal it, and continue, and then it is real

guess you get the picture by now !!!!

so sorry for going on - hub is throughouly fed up with it and says we are being stupid keep googling, going on on on
but you cant make up the symptoms that are there, surely

countrygirl
01-04-11, 09:47
This is advice given before on here to people who google - when you put your symptom in follow it with the word anxiety and you will then get all the sites that explain why anxiety can cause your symptom rather than all the cancer sites, we all forget that the computer is not human:) and follows logical paths so if cancer websites are further up the hosting list on google or whoever then they get first chance when you type in that word. Of course best thing is to ban google for symptoms its the bane of Doctors life. My Dr says google after I have given you a diagnosis but not before!

Zee
01-04-11, 10:44
One of my first symptoms was face flushing a number of years ago, then tum issues, nausea, tiredness, irritability etc... nothing felt right...Had the usual tests done FBC, and then another thyroid test a while later..all clear..I almost begged the Gp to do a hormone test but in my mid 40's and listening to my symptoms he said No..its anxiety.. I waited another 6 months and finally convinced the GP to do a test..and I was right...hormones were imbalanced due to approaching meno.. It is true though that anxiety can cause very similar symptoms and loads more.

everglades
01-04-11, 11:01
they testd hormones or whatever few weeks ago
was normal

am convinced now, cos of rash on neck that i had thought was sort of barely itcy eczema but now
well
writing to gp

and very scared