PDA

View Full Version : fear of stomach cancer

molly36
01-04-11, 13:16
I have been having this terrible stomach problem for the last few months .After i eat i get this intense pressure high up in my stomach at my diaphagm its trapped wind and i cant get it up it is totally awfull.Eventually it comes up but it making me scared to eat now in case it comes on.I did test positive for helicobcter but my doc says that dosent mean the bacteria is live and i have tried to take the anti bs but they make me sick.MY DOC SAID HE 95% sure this is stress and anxiety but ive managed to convince myself its stomach cancer,I hate eating now cos the feeling is so bad its like the only way to get id of it is to burp but i cant.its so bad.anyone else suffer like this.kind regards molly

Nattyburt
01-04-11, 13:40
Hey Hun,

This is a regular occurrence for me too, if i am having a bad week i get it almost everyday, every time i eat, and drink sometimes.

Do you take Citalopram as mine is connected to that? i need to take stomach protectors as the doc says that citalopram can irritate the stomach. Although saying that i still believe anxiety plays a big part in stomach issues.

You do not have stomach cancer, you will be ok!

xx

molly36
01-04-11, 13:46
Hi thank you for your r eply ,no i dont take any meds.ItS the worst feeling ive ever had eating is a nightmare now.kind regards molly

Cranxious
01-04-11, 15:15
Hi Molly,
You most definitely do not have stomach cancer. I have been going through a tough time with my digestive system lately for 2months. Also I was convinced I had it. Same symptoms nausea and fullness to the extent that I became anxious about eating and stopped enjoying it. My gp said to me straight off that dark blood in the stool usually occurs with stomach cancer also vomiting. Remember that vague stomach problems are the reason for most visits to gps. So relax and take some gaviscon or something after you eat. Also I recommend eating only things you really love for a few weeks. But key thing is not to get worried about it. It will pass and it may take time but going to the worst case scenario will only prolong it. Mine is gradually fading but it has been horrible time as I lost a lot of weight over it but slowly it is coming back.
Anyway be well and don't worry about c because it ain't there.

molly36
01-04-11, 15:27
Hi thank you for your reply ,its the horrid feeling of fullness and pressure that is hard to deal with .i just feel like i need to burp all the time.like you i can hardly eat .i feel so misereable and anxious .thank you again

greenhunter
21-01-13, 19:14
Hi i have the same problem with every main meal i have and have convince myself i have stomach c,but stools are normal but the trapped wind is allfull,it is giving me panic attacks.and anxiety,just wont listen to anybody.had blood tests less than two years ago which was clear,still not convinced

MissSunshine
21-01-13, 20:00
I have been suffering with stomach problems the doctors say i have ibs, i have alot of trapped wind. what happened with the helicobcter? did the doc just leave it untreated after you stopped with the antibiotics?
I also never burp which is horrible! do you get pain around your belly button too? a lovely person on here suggested i should try baby gripe water as its meant to be good :)
im here if you need to message me.

spacebunnyx
21-01-13, 20:34
Hi, I've had several bouts of this and like you thought it was stomach c. I would eat (feel ok when I'd eat but afterwards have this awful pressure then I would belch a bit to relieve it and have food come back up. It was horrible and lasted a few weeks/months. In hindsight (ain't it wonderful!) I think I was tensing the muscles around my stomach without realising. Hope you feel better soon, its horrible. xxx