PDA

View Full Version : WEIRD EYES.. please tell me what u think

darcy
01-04-11, 14:50
hi all... me again :weep:
been back on citalopram 20mg since christmas, upped it 2 days ago to 30mg.... i was feeling so good this morning when i got up , slept well, and actually had a smile on my face.. bathed, dried my hair and as i was sorting out my fringe i had my head down but was staring straight up, as i went to look normal it was as if my eyes couldnt move in the right place and felt REALLY strange like they were fighting with my brain to go back to normal, only lasted a few seconds but it took me into a full blown panic and now im so worried, been feeling sick from it all day .... is this normal after straining to look up for a while?? i keep thinking i have a brain tumor and as soon as i start to feel normal something else happens to start me off again.... please reply to this as i cant bear it any more xxxx

suzy-sue
01-04-11, 17:54
hI Darcy you are experiencing side effects from the increase of your meds .It will pass ,it will take about 4-6 weeks for the new dose to settle but you will feel better before that .Dont worrry its perfectly normal ..t/c Sue x

darcy
02-04-11, 13:18
hi, thanks for replying :bighug1: ive been worried sick but it hasnt happened again since.. got this real thing about my eyes at the moment, concentrating so hard on how they feel every minute of the day .... feel like they are about to go x eyed.. its so horrible... scared to go anywhere incase something happens... 20mg were doing nothing for me (if not making things worse) how long will they take to start working? im not worried about blindness, im worried they are gonna go wonky and crossed which means tumor or m.s.... i'd love to get up in the morning and think about something else other than me :weep:

darcy
05-04-11, 18:08
anyone else have eye symptoms?

suzy-sue
05-04-11, 18:44
:hugs:Its just the medication ,it can make you feel strange for a while .It will as I said take 4-6 weeks for the new dose to fully work .Symptoms will gradually ease off .You have not got MS or a tumour believe me .Try to just accept this is just side effects ,feeling scared will only make you worse and cause further symptoms and panic .You will be ok .T/c Sue x