PDA

View Full Version : ocd over health?

Forrest
10-04-06, 06:35
well i was dx with axiety and ocd over deases iam aways looking up things on the net trying to find the things that are wrong with me does anyone else do this by googling to much?

giddy
10-04-06, 09:15
Hi Forest - when all this anxiety stuff started, I was terrible at googling, it was almost an addiction. I'd google every symptom, scare myself and then carry on googling trying to find information to reassure myself!!! The more I googled the worse I got as I thought I had every disease going!!! The problem is when we are feeling like this our minds can make our symptoms 'fit' any disease we read about, when they don't at all!! Once I stopped myself things got better. Try not to google at all. If your concerned about anything see your doctor or look on this site.
Take Care
Love Helen

ashley
10-04-06, 11:00
Forrest..
:D:D:D:D

Bless ya.. this time round i certinley did go mental looking up on the net.. it started with my heart and blood pressure and ended up with eplipsey..oh mate i so know what ya talking about it done my head right in..i would be looking at the net madley going through pages and pages of net crying and crying and crying..i bet you do to.. and so may others on here.
Do yourself a favour love..STOP IT ..NOW you will make yourself into a nervous wreck if not already, i did it and have a proper obsession with it.. i have OCD with my health as it is love.. forrest stop doing that to yourself because it wont do you no favours.

We as anxiety sufferers yeah, because of our many many symptoms will more than likely fall into many diseases , i tell ya before you finsih on the net you will have tumours, heart disease,ms, cancer of the throat and many many more.

Also i know this through experince limit your net use throughout the day belive it or not, the net and being on your pc too much throughout the day can aggrivate your anxiety that isnt to say never go on the net, no.. but limit it..this is fact... and defintley before bed as it stimulates the brain and makes it harder to sleep...

Forrest i know where ya at love, and its not easy huh..

ashley x

wendy
10-04-06, 11:08
Hi Forrest

As others say googling is the worse thing you can do, I have gone many times from Heart Attack to Stroke to even looking up signs off dying! You need to accecpt this is Anxiety and as awful as it is we can not come to any harm from it, googling just feeds the anxiety and will make it worse

Take Care

Wendy xx

Southern_Belle
10-04-06, 15:15
Forrest,

Yes, I do have googled and scared myself to death. I even went so far as to buy a dvd from a doctor stating diseases and you could put symptoms in and it would state your disease, scary before the net was so big! I do, however, have tons of real health issues so it makes things worse but I do not do this anymore. It still plays in my head I just don't let it get to my fingers then to the keyboard! I go and pet my dog, grab a book, or find something else to do anything but that. Hope this helps.

Bel

Forrest
10-04-06, 19:31
i have stopped alot with my googling at first i thought i had end stage liver dease causing my nausea and bowell problems!!Even with tons of test telling other wise!!So i have been off the liver forums for a month now and only stick to my axiety and ibs forums because my gi doc says i have ibs and axiety same with six other docs now if i can get this numbness wipped i can get my axiety undercontroll my hands are always falling asleep at night and it worrys me to death that my docs are missing somthing the nero doc didnt say much and wrote a report back to my pcp that i have axiety..But i didnt know axiety can cause hands going numb while sleeping it wakes me up threw the night and my sholder is numb during the day iam not sure if its mus tension are not making the numbness and burning..

FM
29-04-06, 22:18
LOL, I have to agree 100%. "Googling" is definitely a bad thing to do. When I was thinking something mentally was wrong with me, I started researching my so called symptoms. After a couple searches. I was sure I has OCD, GAD, or something crazy like that. It literally drove me crazy, I thought I had a mental illness! I would stay away from researching in excess about your problems.

scoobygirl2005
09-05-06, 02:15
Hi.

Have a bit of advice for you. Don't keep going on the net researching, it just feeds your problem/fear. Try talking to someone about it. I know its hard but if you just keep going and try to be positive and stay calm you should be fine.

Scooby2005.