PDA

View Full Version : Right side of face feels numb/swollen help

missworry
01-04-11, 21:22
Has anyone every experience this the right side of my face feels numb and strange its not numb to touch its just the sensation, i have had it before its at the corner of my lip & my cheek, i have had brain scans & given all clear & have been ok for about 4months but its starting again, this makes me think it is anxiety but feel really down, have been doing so well has anyone else ever felt like this thanks xx

madeuprolemodel
01-04-11, 21:35
I dont now if this is the same but the right side of my face has felt heavy and just swollen underneath my eye and cheek feels like it is drooping but you couldnt tell

missworry
01-04-11, 22:52
yes my lip feels a little like that but you can`t tell by looking at it, so fed up with these feelings x

krees69
01-04-11, 23:16
hi
yep I get all sort of facial pain and odd sensations ( a spongy type feeling). Last summer i had a bells palsy (witch resolved completly very quickly) I also have permanant eye lid twitching-Botox has now stopped that!
I have been extensivly inveatigated but nothing ever found, but i do know that facial pain is VERY common and a huge amount of research has gone into finding out what its all about. A Lot of the research suggests that nerve ending are on a higher 'alert' in resonse to stress and of course us anxious folk are always stressed adn all that adrenaline coursing around puts us on the flight or fight alert and that MUST effect nerve endings
Teeth grinding is also thought be be significant
BUt in saying that i have been on and off meds for 20years so when i'm nicely chilled i still have those facial pains, my eye still twitch and i got the bells palsy!?? So who know!! LOL
KAth

mummymurray
02-04-11, 23:03
I had exactly the same and after MRI and tests it was NOTHING. These things just happen sometimes. Please don't worry. I freaked and thought I had MS

missworry
04-04-11, 23:09
Thank you for your replies they really help, it does go on & off so i`m sure it is the dreaded anxiety rearing its ugly head again, thanks again x