PDA

View Full Version : inspiring books

snowgoose
01-04-11, 21:23
hello:)

just been pondering :blush:

apart from self help books which are so helpful ....what book do you find helpful or comforting ....or just make you feel better :flowers:

I love reading ......so any tips welcome

No panic bookclub ? Mmmmmmm :shrug::unsure::)

Spongeballz
01-04-11, 21:36
Have you read the Mortal Engines series by Philip Reeve?? He's so good at creating landscapes it sets you free from the reality in this world and brings you a whole utopia with his wordplay to settle nicely into for a while, he's a fantastic fantastic author, I couldn't put them down! :)

snowgoose
01-04-11, 22:01
looked on Amazon ................excellent reviews :D

going to give the series a try
thank you xx

Spongeballz
01-04-11, 22:24
Try the first one and see how you get on, but yeah you're right, they're very highly praised! What genre do you like best Snowgoose? They're kinda fantasy/action, yet dark, realistic and romantic at the same time. But yeah, a genre would be awesome hun, I can recommend a couple more based on what you say :tongue:
You're welcome :) xx

snowgoose
01-04-11, 22:33
hello:D

I am an avid reader [ housework eh? what is that :whistles:]

but need to get out of the zone of old classics and biographies ,mysteries etc
so this series ticks all the boxes for different and unusual .

looking forward now :yesyes:

Spongeballz
01-04-11, 22:38
Try the Abhorsen trilogy too, they're fantastic :) Similar kind of thing, but a really good read. And I'm guessig you've read Captain Corelli's Mandalin? Reading that now, the imagery is superb, he's a craftsman with words. What would you recommend then that you've read recently Snow?? xx

snowgoose
01-04-11, 23:17
the one I havent put down all day :blush::blush:

The Art of Racing in the Rain ......by Garth Stein

got to be a dog lover though .........and a motor racing enthusiast :yesyes:

a tail [ha] ...........of redemption and hope . NICE XXXXXX