PDA

View Full Version : Any diet advice?

flumpkin
02-04-11, 12:18
Hi, Just wondered if anyone has any suggestions reallly.

In brief, I have been suffering with lower abdominal pain for 6 weeks now and constant burping (which started suddenly one day). The pain is lower right and like a cramp or stitch. It is there all the time although I get occasional stabbing pains. Nothing relieves it really, but is more discomfort than pain. With this I burp all day from within an hour of getting up until bed. I sleep ok. Apart from a slight wave of nausea before I burp I don't feel sick and if anything I am eating more not less!! I have no heartburn. Dr has felt tummy and is not overly concerned (altho I am :blush:) and we have tried omeprazole and lansoprazole so far but neither stopped burping. I know they take a while to build up but dr took me off them each at around 12 days as no improvement. I now have a simple (but disgusting - think milk and toothpaste) altacite plus liquid to have 4 times a day (for indigestion I think). I have to take it for 2 weeks and go back. I know my diet not great - eat far too much bread based products and sweet stuff. I wondered if I should try also changing what I eat ... but not sure in what way and trying to resist changing everything at once (e.g. bread, dairy, chocolate, alcohol, fruit, etc) I have been avoiding any fizzy drinks and fruit juice and less alcohol.

Does anyone have experience or suggestions on where to start please and how long should I remove foods for etc.

thanks
Flump xx