PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic beat question

londonchris
02-04-11, 15:59
Hi all,

Just a quick question on "skipped beats". I have occasional ventricular ectopic beats (benign but annoying) and have a question for anyone else in a similar situation.

I always seem to know when they're going to happen before they happen. A lot of the time it'll be after I've eaten or when I feel a bit sick, all of a sudden they'll trigger. Or especially the day after I've eaten spicy food like a chilli or curry I seem to be particularly susceptible to them.

Another question I have is that whenever I feel them coming on, and all of a sudden I get one or two, they seem to be worse when I lean over. I read somewhere it could be a result of pressure on the vagus nerve which runs right through the human body.

Does anyone else have a similar experience with skipped beats?

Cheers :yesyes:

Chris

countrygirl
02-04-11, 19:54
Yes yes and yes - I have had them for over 20 yrs and huge number of things can trigger them off including anything that irritates the vagus nerve which runs right down the body and around the top of your stomach. Years ago they used to call it "windy heart" because of the stomach connection with wind in the digestive tract.

Always remember horrible but harmless:)

londonchris
02-04-11, 19:58
Thanks for your reply :) glad im not the only one!!