PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tested psitive for helicobacter via blood test

molly36
02-04-11, 17:41
Hi there i posted about this a few days ago as it is giving me untold anxiety.I am wondering who has had this and tested positive in the blood test for it like i did.My doc gave me the antibiotics and i couldnt keep them down so i think it was nerves more than anything though that made me throw up as the tablets werent even absorbed.He told me not to worry about taking them as he not sure the bug is live or not, all the blood test can show is if you have it or have been exposed to it ,so it might not be causing my tummy issues doc thinks its my nerves .Me i obv think the worst as you can imagine.Does anyone know about the helicobacter bug and has anyone got it and not took the antibiotics .Also will it do me any harm not to take them .The doc says the only way to see if it is live is via a breath test which he says is to expensive to do.But i not to worry as my stomach is nerves but i cant stop worying over this bug in me in case it is live .Please anyone who has tested positive and not took the treatment let me no how you got on.kind regards molly

molly36
02-04-11, 18:30
Anyone? xx

molly36
02-04-11, 20:02
Im so anxious over this im just not coping at all .the fear is eating away at me. xx

Megan73
02-04-11, 20:18
I'm sorry but I don't have any experience of this but noticed no one had replied.

All I can say is you need to trust your doctor. If he/she thinks it is nerves then it probably is.

molly36
02-04-11, 21:01
Hi thank you for your reply ,i am gratefull.I just cant cope with the fear i feel right now kind regards molly

deepreason
03-04-11, 00:25
If it's any consolation, approximately half the human population have this bug. I really wouldn't worry about it if your doctor says it's fine.

molly36
03-04-11, 09:12
Hi thank you for your reply does that mean most people would test positive for the bug then.I just wish i had never been tested to be honest i cant sleep or eat now cos i have got myself into a terrible state.Now i feel i have a ball stuck in the middle of my chest like its trapped wind but it wont come up.IM just a complete mess.kind regards molly

molly36
03-04-11, 18:22
anyone else ?xx

pinkprincess
04-04-11, 21:46
hi,

i had helico pylori, and i was tested through a stool sample, it is very common, i had 3 different tablets to take for a week, if you have a partner then they need to get checked too! google it for more info, its not worrying or anything, just gives horrid symptoms