PDA

View Full Version : Can not stop obsessing about dental/mouth pain

shanlynn1012
02-04-11, 22:27
Please help going crazy. My upper right teeth are sore, I have gone to the dentist like four times and NOTHING, they look at me like I am nuts. They say it is my sinuses but now the roof of my mouth and gums feel weird. My sinuses feel clogged but no draining. I have recently had two sinus infections but none now. This si causing me complete panic. I keep thinking i have some crazy nerve disease in my face that will never go away.
I am going threw a lot of stress with moving, buying and selling a home, but can stress have anything to do with this, the tooth pain has been here for over two months.
any help PLEASE.

shanlynn1012
04-04-11, 15:55
Anyone?? Or any tips on how to stop obsessing?

Em.ma
04-04-11, 17:52
Hi, i dont know how to help but i two have had back tooth pain and dental pain. if its your siniuses which it sounds like it is cause the top teeth are hurting then it wont harm you. try some steam inhaltion with olbas oil or vic.

Humly
18-05-11, 08:59
Hi. Just reading through some old posts and found this. I also cannot stop obsessing about dental pain. I feel like a real idiot. I have had problems for the last 20 months with my teeth and one of the main things was pain in the upper right teeth, same as you. I was at the dentist so many times it was crazy, but all he could come up with was that I must be clenching my teeth so provided an expensive mouth guard which didnt have much effect. However, if you are stressed you can carry a lot of tension in your jaw, which in turn can make your teeth hurt. Now I am totally obsessed with how my teeth and feel pain in other teeth too which makes me panic and start worrying. I hope you are feeling better now but you are welcome to PM me if you want to compare notes. Best wishes.

anthrokid
18-05-11, 10:02
Hey,

Like Humly said, you might find that you are clenching your teeth or that you are very tense in your jaw area. When I'm really stressed outI get a really sore jaw and sometimes teeth because I clench so much without even realising!