PDA

View Full Version : Does high blood pressure cause faster heartbeat?

looking4answers
02-04-11, 23:05
I am having to adjust to southern summers again. This means higher humidity and balmy hot conditions where we have been conditioned in the last five years to eight months of winter now we have more like eight months of summer. In this environment it feels harder to breathe at times and skin feels clammy and swollen all over and lots of aches and pains. When we lived in higher altitude ,a mile and one half above where we are now, my average blood pressure was 135/85 I suppose because of high altitude which should be a lot better here since we are at sea level.I'm assuming this,I mean it makes sense. Well my question is that would your heartbeat be faster with high blood pressure or would it beat just normal? My heart rate is usually 65 to76 resting and 111 to130 when moving around doing things.It actually averages about 120 when up moving around. I'm 56 years old . Anyway my question is would it beat faster with high blood pressure? I have been feeling weird lately and just wondering if it's the weather affecting me or high blood pressure? Your help is appreciated. Michael

shoegal
03-04-11, 02:58
Hi. My Mother has high blood pressure and she was told that people with high blood pressure don't usually know they have it because there are no symptoms. She also has high cholesterol and I believe this can cause palpitations. If you are at all worried or feel unwell you should see your Doctor just to put your mind at rest. I hope you feel better soon. :flowers:

BigDaz
03-04-11, 13:32
Could be a reaction to the heat, dehydration can cause higher heart rate too. I think if anything the heart rate dictates blood pressure, not the other way around.