PDA

View Full Version : freaking out AGAIN :(

missykat
03-04-11, 10:48
i have the tingling in my left leg now for 5 days. i also notice my left arm twitches alot and shakes alot when i hold a cup oe clench my fist tight it feels a lil bit weaker than my right hand but not much. and pins and needles also but slightly. im typing here now and my left hand is shaking and wen i try straighten my hand it shakes and wen i hold a cup to drink my arm shakes, is this a sign of a brain tumor or something serious? im so sick with worry, since my dad died from brin tumor i hate this worry :( if i rest my left arm it wont stay still either constant finger twitches and muscle spasms in arm

honeyp1e
03-04-11, 10:53
it doesn't sound like you have a brain tumor it sounds more like trapped nerves to me just try to relax ignore it and it will soon pass its mainly your anxiety taking over x

Ambers
03-04-11, 10:54
Tingling is a common sign of anxiety/stress. I had tingling and numbness of my left arm for a long time once and I was sure it was something serious - turned out to be a symtom of PTS (Post stress). It took years for it to go and only went once I had accepted it was not a sign of a serious ailment.
Hope this helps

missykat
03-04-11, 11:07
thanks for reply. im very anxious right now cant think straight. my right hand is completely fine and its so strange. its mainly when i flex my left hand upwards and then it starts to shake like crazy or when im trying to keep it still it wont. my leg tingling cud be a pinched nerve yes because i have a sore lower back. just so concerned over my hand. i doesnt seem to bother me when im busy but like when im resting i do notice it and then i start to examine it and then it takes over like mad! :( i wish it would just go away

honeyp1e
03-04-11, 11:31
i find when am anxious we think to much about the sensation of what we are feeling min is always my stomach and the more we think about it the worse we think it gets etc..

missykat
03-04-11, 11:34
i know. im trying to relax now and play with my one year old buts its always there lingering in my mind its hard sometimes to keep positive :(

honeyp1e
03-04-11, 13:27
i know. im trying to relax now and play with my one year old buts its always there lingering in my mind its hard sometimes to keep positive :(

this is what i find hard even though we do something keeping ourselves busy with the kids etc.. at the back of are minds that anxious negative thinking is still chatting away

missykat
03-04-11, 21:47
the only thing i find that helps a little bit is goin for a walk to the park or something. but as soon as i get back home it starts all over again