PDA

View Full Version : Herbal Remedies

sarah
18-08-03, 21:14
Hi all,
I thought I would let you know about a herbal remedy that has been recommended to me by my anxiety group leader.
Its called 'Rescue Remedy' and you can buy it in superdrug etc.
You spray a couple of squirts on your tongue when you feel anxious and its supposed to calm you down. I have been using this for a couple of weeks just before I go out as a prevention rather than cure and I have been feeling not too bad.(not sure if it really works or im just feeling safe because I think it works)
Just thought it might be of use to some of you. Have any of you tried it? Did it work for you?
Love Sarah
xx:)

Joanne
19-08-03, 12:35
No, I haven't tried it- however it has been recommended to me. I might give it a go- next time I'm in town to buy it. ;)

Joanne x

Meg
19-08-03, 14:22
You might also want to check out the full range of Bach flower essenses

My favourites which I didn't leave home without:

Cherry plum - feeling that you might lose control of mind/behaviour
Rock Rose - terror/ panic

If I knew I was going to have a dificult challenging day I would put a few quirts in a botle of water and sip all day long.

www.bachcentre.com

They do just take the edge off.

bishop
29-08-03, 15:45
hi
found these quite good,put a few drops of bach in a cup of water and sipped it all day,very calming,it was alright, when i was working in a office, but not much good when im in a car all day
bish

blossom
23-10-03, 15:37
Nicola, you mentioned that Sarah had answered my message, I have looked on the messages, and is it the one about Bachs Flower remedy, if so I have that one, but not sure whether I can have it with Cipramil, please let me know if I have picked the correct message. love Bloss

benoo5
23-10-03, 18:19
hya blossom,
bach rescue is a herbal med,so you should be able to take it,but a quick call to your gp,or pharmacist,will put your mind at rest.
the post by sarah is right under this one,hope you feel better soon best wishes bryan

april tones
18-03-04, 00:54
hi, does any one know how much bach to take? im on white chestnut for unwanted thoughts but a little confused with instructions. is 2 drops 2 whole pippettes full or 2 little drops? how much can you have? how long does it take to work? thanks x

apriltones

abcdd
18-03-04, 06:07
Does this really work? I have heard about it before but it sounded to good to really work. are there any side effects etc.

Amy

Meg
18-03-04, 15:40
2- 4 little drops straight onto your tongue or 1-2 pippettes into a bottle of water and sip liberally.
Works quickly but gently , builds up over several days. Cannot OD on it- it's flower essences - more is not best - its just more .

I do have to admit to swigging straight out of the bottle on desperate occassions. Didn't work any better than the recommended dose though.

It's a gentle effect - takes the edge off rather than a miraculous transformation. No side effects.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...