PDA

View Full Version : Tikka

Tikka
03-04-11, 15:24
I'm not me anymore. I'm afraid I took an overdose last week, since being released from hospital I'm very jumpy and every time I manage to drop off at night I suddenly wake up very frightened, bits of dreams seem to be frighting me. During the day I keep welling up with tears at anything and everything, especially people being nice to one another! I have always been a fearless person who has never cried at a soppy ending in my life. I have been suffering depression since 1996 and Lupus since 1987, I have tried every medication known to my GP's for both depression and the inflammation in my joints but I feel that I'm going insane. Is there any light at the end of the tunnel? will I ever become a normal happy and motivated human being again?
Please help if you feel you can relate to me in any way.:scared11:

pb
03-04-11, 20:29
I have suffered from depression and health anxiety for many years.
I have taken a couple of overdoses in the past, but as difficult as my life is im glad to be alive. I have also suffered joint pain on and off for many years but have never managed to get a accurate diagnosis.
I feel that my fear, anxiety and lack of self esteem has prevented me from having the life i wanted and at 47 somethings are just not possible now.
Are you having any counselling or support, i see a therapist which enables me to talk about what ever i want and is a real source of support.
I hope you start to feel better x