PDA

View Full Version : Would cancer show in a fbc

sandy40
03-04-11, 16:59
Here i go again,i had my FBC done last tues,the dr rang to say it was normal...after unexplained bruising they repeated them on fri,im still waitnig for the results,im going crazy,can bloods change that quickly and would cancer make the results abnormal?

lelespears
03-04-11, 17:05
I doubt they would change in a wk. Maybe ask ur iron may be low but normal mines is and I bruise easy.

Lele x

sandy40
03-04-11, 17:07
hi thanks,im really tired so im worried ive cancer of the blood,please help..im in a mess.x

nomorepanic
03-04-11, 18:03
If the blood tests are normal then you do not have cancer of the blood.

Blood tests would show some sort of abnormaility if there was a problem.

haynsey
03-04-11, 18:18
Hi everyone,
If your blood tests are normal - then you are okay!!
But i totally understand about waiting for test results, aaaaghhhhh!
:bighug:

snowgoose
03-04-11, 18:47
Sandy :hugs:

an FBC test blood test does not show up cancer my love xx

it shows if you are anaemic or have infection brewing .......or blood clotting problems .
it is not a cancer test ............and lots of people have an abnormal result .
I was a cancer nurse ........and you got to believe me :hugs: I WOULD NOT WRITE HERE ......if I thought you were at risk .

xxxx
full blood count tests are not related to cancer investigations . just a common blood test done on loads of people xx

Zee
03-04-11, 21:14
Hi,, I agree that the waiting time for results is awful. I had FBC done last year and waited 2 weeks for results. They were all very good results. My GP told me..they showed I was too physically well for any problem, and to reassure me further did say that something would have shown up to warrant further investigation and could just have been something easily treated anyway.

bluetopazgirl
03-04-11, 21:47
If your bloods are normal would that mean your cancer free? I'm scared I have lymphoma n blood tests in past have been normal apart from when i had preeclampsia x

snowgoose
03-04-11, 21:58
cancers of the blood would show up in abnormal results .......as would any manner of other other innocent illnesses . it is the most common of blood tests .
and if your doc had worries ? ...........they would be looking further believe me .
xxx. dont google:flowers:

bluetopazgirl
03-04-11, 22:09
I had liver function tests and fbc on Friday just waiting on results so frightened thankyou for your reply xx

nomorepanic
03-04-11, 22:43
Ok I have been looking into this and cancer would not necessarily show in a general blood test.

SleeplessFog
04-04-11, 02:01
Wouldn't your white blood cell count be low? Does that show up on a CBC?

bluetopazgirl
04-04-11, 11:13
I've asked my aunty whos an ex nurse to explain this to me if you have abnormal blood results it shows something's going on in the body which then prompts futhur investigations etc. It doesn't show cancer itself but shows the affects if this is the right way to describe it hth xx

Zee
04-04-11, 11:37
I've asked my aunty whos an ex nurse to explain this to me if you have abnormal blood results it shows something's going on in the body which then prompts futhur investigations etc. It doesn't show cancer itself but shows the affects if this is the right way to describe it hth xx

Thats what my GP said too..and also we have a senior nurse and Neurologist in the family who agree that something would show to warrant further investigations.

sandy40
04-04-11, 15:57
Well myresults were normal,but im in so much pain,im scared now ive cancer as everyone saying cancer wouldnt nessecary show in a blood count unless its a blood cancer,im so sore.x

snowgoose
04-04-11, 16:29
Sandy :hugs:

you have a normal blood count and that is excellent .
if you had a blood cancer it would show abnormal along with a thousand other reasons . a full blood count is NOT a blood test that is used to prove if cancer is present . it isnt and is the most common of blood tests.
please stop this obsession my love :hugs:
you have to read your answers and believe them and your doctors .
trust them love honestly xx

yaman
16-03-15, 21:42
Sorry to bump old thread but am confused and unwell
had upper abdominal pain that's been getting wrose and naysea. Struggling to eat then I have diarrhoea straight away

Fbc 2 months ago was okay. I'm worried it's stomach cancer
it's ok for them to say it's HA but they're not the ones feeling so ill. Conflicting replies in this thread

chipster
03-04-15, 16:17
IMHO what people are trying to advise and remember i am no Dr
is that the first tests they would do is a FBC to see if anything not normal would show up. If you had an infection or inflammation some where they would follow up with specific tests for diagnosis.