PDA

View Full Version : I can hear blood flow in ears

karlwirral
03-04-11, 19:13
if i stick my fingers in my ears i can hear my blood flow really loud. ive never noticed this before is it normal?

I have been suffering with light headedness and headaches recently.

shoegal
03-04-11, 19:22
Hi. I'm not sure if it's actually blood flow that you can hear but yes, everybody gets a sort of wooshing sound when they stick their fingers in their ears. I also get it sometimes if I lay on my side and block my ear with a pillow! It's nothing to worry about and is completely normal. I expect you are only noticing it now because you are anxious and everything seems worse when we are anxious. The headaches and dizziness are just symptoms of anxiety and stress so please try not to worry. :flowers:

countrygirl
03-04-11, 19:23
It is completely normal to hear your blood pounding if you put your fingers in your ears there is a physiological explanation for this but can't remember what it is exactly the time to be worried is if you put your fingers in your ears and you don't hear the blood pounding:)

Anybody who has ever worn earplugs will agree that the most annoying thing with them is listening to your own heartbeat.

Hazel B
03-04-11, 19:27
I had this with anxiety, my pulse was faster and whooshed in my ears, especially when I was in bed trying to sleep. I also had tension headaches as you tend to tense all your muscles when you're not relaxed.

Try not to worry.

karlwirral
03-04-11, 19:30
i suppose it dosent help im a full time music producer and dj and the tinnitus i get from that just adds to it all!

thanks for the replies guys :)

Hazel B
03-04-11, 19:34
Tinnitus makes it worse, I have it in one ear from years of gigs without ear-plugs, it's like a little cacophony just for you! It used to get me down but I try to ingore it now, the ringing could drive you mad.:wacko:

karlwirral
03-04-11, 19:35
dont i know it!

I have been looking at getting some custom ear plus made for gigs. They cost about £300 but you cant put a price on your hearing!

Hazel B
03-04-11, 20:57
Worth the money in my opinion, I spend a lot on glasses, so hearing should have the same priority!