PDA

View Full Version : panic disorder/agoraphobia lets talk about it!!!

anthonyxlopez070790
04-04-11, 06:13
For those of you who suffer from panic and agoraphobia please feel free to reply with any info and advice!!! Ill take any help and i will help others as well!!! Life is too short to feel caged in and afraid!!! Now is the time to take charge and get a hold on our lives and not allow panic or agoraphobia to bring us down!!! Have faith and lets build up our confidence and take things day by day in order to once again be FREE!!! What might be the most effective way to conquer panic and agoraphobia?! What mindset should I have on a daily basis and how can I stay focused?![/SIZE][/FONT]

suzy-sue
04-04-11, 18:09
Your post made me jump .:ohmy:.Could you type in a smaller size please .? As for your questions .Keep focused and positive .Panic will not hurt you ,Dont fight it ,breathe your way thru it ,and it will pass Get out for longer periods each day .It will get easier . JFDI as we say on here :yesyes: .Gd lk Sue

kirsty74
04-04-11, 18:19
Your post made me jump too!!!:D Small steps is the key and (something I don't give myself credit for) congratulate each small step. Eg, I have (mostly) stopped taking my son to the shop in his buggy. It was my crutch to hold on to when I felt wobbly. Well done me!!

anthonyxlopez070790
05-04-11, 05:55
Oops...sorry suzy and kristy for the font size =/ I tried to change it and put it smaller but it wouldn't go through but as for the next post Ill make sure to not make that mistake again!!! ;) Thank you so much for the advice...I have learned that exposing myself to more situations that make me uncomfortable still can be hard at times but possible to overcome!!! As for today I stood out for most of the day and there were numerous amounts of times where my thoughts would become irrational but yet I stood my ground and kept going!!! I will continue to do so being that this seems like the most effective way towards overcoming my fears. It feels great being able to take credit for every little step I take towards recovery especially after knowing that I have doubted myself several times before.

"Believe in yourself,know that there is something inside you.That is greater than any obstacle"

Thanks for that beautiful quote :)
God bless and best wishes to both of you

eeyorelover
07-04-11, 05:57
Hi Anthony!
You should be SO proud of yourself for facing your fear! I know how hard it is but what an accomplishment you feel afterwards, it is truly worth it.
It will get easier, I promise.
xxx
Sandy

anthonyxlopez070790
08-04-11, 05:06
I'm taking each day at a time pushing the envelope without any hesitations!!! Sandy i may have not believed you before if you said things would get easier but I finally have faith in those exact words. Things will get easier and it already has. Today at about 11pm I realized that during the entire day I may have thought about panic three or four times as to in the past I would wake up nervous and anxious up until I fell asleep. The thought of panic came up when I realized I wasn't feeling anxious in certain areas outside and it made me laugh and feel proud of myself for finally letting go so to speak. The days have become shorter and less dreadful. Which is a great thing for me instead of worrying the whole day and counting down the hours until the next complaining about how the day has dragged. Each day is becoming less of a strain but I know I have a long way to go but with that said all is possible if I continue to have faith and motivation. Thanks sandy and nmp!!!

God bless you all and best wishes!!! :bighug1:

shoegal
08-04-11, 05:37
I'm glad to hear you're feeling so much better and your positive outlook is refreshing. :flowers:

sunset30
28-06-11, 02:58
For those of you who suffer from panic and agoraphobia please feel free to reply with any info and advice!!! Ill take any help and i will help others as well!!! Life is too short to feel caged in and afraid!!! Now is the time to take charge and get a hold on our lives and not allow panic or agoraphobia to bring us down!!! Have faith and lets build up our confidence and take things day by day in order to once again be FREE!!! What might be the most effective way to conquer panic and agoraphobia?! What mindset should I have on a daily basis and how can I stay focused?![/SIZE][/FONT]

I think mine has taken over my liglife completly. I have not worked for years, can not tolerate large places of work or masses of people unless typsie. I have tried going out sometiems but can not keep aregular routine..i find just getting up and dressed some days a chore. x