PDA

View Full Version : Heart beating harder due to lack of sleep

f4Gg0t_43
04-04-11, 09:28
Does this happen to anyone else? I remember reading an article about a guy who died from heart failure because he was playing video games for 2 days straight, so it always freaks me out whenever I lose sleep (which ironically causes me to lose more sleep). Apparently he also didn't eat very much which was another contributing factor. Anyways I'm getting sidetracked, the reason I made this thread was to ask if this happens to anyone else. Whenever I only get a few hours of sleep a night (not a common thing, but still) my heart seems to beat 'harder' then usual, and I also get somewhat nauseous. Is this normal?

f4Gg0t_43
04-04-11, 09:30
Also what do you guys think about sleeping pills? I know they are dangerous if they become a regular thing, but what about just every now and then (like once per month)? And also are they dangerous if you are already tired to begin with, but just can't get to sleep?

blueangel
04-04-11, 09:43
Lack of sleep can have all sorts of horrible effects - I've experienced palpitations when very tired, and I can only guess it's because of too much adrenaline in the body.

Must admit, I've never taken sleeping pills, but I suspect that if you only take them occasionally, they're no problem as long as you stick to the recommended dose.