PDA

View Full Version : Rattle in lung

punkprincess19
04-04-11, 12:11
Hi

For a while now I have noticed a rattle in my right lung. It only really happens when I'm lay down. I mentioned it to my doctor a while ago and it was just ignored and was told "it's anxiety"!

Well, it's been getting worse! I had trouble with my breaathing again last night whereby the air in my lungs kept being pushed out, like my lungs had gone into a spasm and were tightening suddenly. I was obviously anxious due to this and had an awful time sleeping. I kept waking in the night and everytime I did I could feel this "rattle" again. It kind of feels like something is grinding! I also noticed a few months ago that my ribs on the right seem to cave in and I'm thinking that this may be related! When I asked the doctor about my ribs when I first noticed it, he just said they're fine! My friends have since pointed out how strange my ribs look as the "caved in" part is clearly visible!

Does anyone else have this or know of anyone that does or know if it might be serious or not? I'm really panicking about it! Please help! Thanks!

paula lynne
04-04-11, 12:52
Hiya, are you coughing any coloured phlegm up?
Also, at any time have you heared a "click" or felt a "click" inside the lung?

punkprincess19
04-04-11, 13:17
Hiya, are you coughing any coloured phlegm up?
Also, at any time have you heared a "click" or felt a "click" inside the lung?

No phlegm, not even a cough! Can't remember ever hearing or feeling a click either! Do you know what it might be? x

paula lynne
04-04-11, 13:37
I dont love, but I DO think you need to go back to your GP with your concerns. If others have noticed, why didnt your GP? I know its not really helpful at this time when your anxiety is bad, but the sooner you go back and ask again, the sooner you will be able to deal with things. Take care x

iamspartacus
04-04-11, 14:05
I get muscle tension in the muscles between my ribs (intercostal muscles). This causes me to have trouble breathing like you describe. This is caused by high levels of stress/tension/anxiety. Sometimes I cough, yawan excessively, and I get random pains in my chest. I wouldnt worry unduly about these symptoms, although I do know that they can be quite distressing. You wont stop breathing.