PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety and pregabalin

everglades
04-04-11, 12:12
I have some physical symptoms which gp insists are anxiety, althought i dont believe him. Pyshciatrist wants me to take pregabalin (since feb!!) but still havent started them.

Has anyone found they actually helpd with the physical stuff like gut probs, weird aches , tightness in arm etc.

Would really appreciate knowing.
Thankyou
xx

everglades
04-04-11, 19:55
obviously doesnt then

well thanks anyway

so why should i trust the mh team and gp
why take them

its not bloody anxiety its REAL

scaredstiff695
04-04-11, 20:20
hi
i just seen this, i dont medication so cant help with that, howevre i have anxiety and have your sy,ptoms. my left arm is the first to go numbe, gut priblems you mean like random stomach aches etc and bouyts of dihorrea annd feeling sick? also whole body aches most defo, and its from being so tense all the time xx

everglades
05-04-11, 11:01
thankyou for your reply

anxiety = too anxious to take the meds atm

and yes v similar symptoms

but they are there, real, happening, and not just anxiety

how many times do we go back to drs and tell them this?

oldtime
05-04-11, 11:38
The physical symtpoms of anxiety are real, just as real as the symptoms of any other illness.

everglades
05-04-11, 18:55
tbh think am on verge of break down over it all
sounds stupid probably
but head is not well

sunset30
07-05-11, 14:26
HI Everglades

Whats your feeling is probably anxiety. The pressure it puts on the body gives use alsorts of related pains,aches and tensions and stress.

I know how you feel, becuase before i started to go back on meds i felt terrified of going on meds and put it of as long as i possibly could years even. But people who care about me could see that i wasn't a well puppy and in a way i was in denile especailly with the state of my head and the anxiety making you feel worse.

It sounds like your doctor is only suggesting whats best for you. Doctors generally dont give Pregabalin just to palm you of or for the sake of it. People who are offered it are very lucky in the sense its a very expensive drug on the market to give to patients. Even more so if your displaying anxiety and other things surely its worth a try as you said you not well at the moment it could be one of the things that could possibly work for you.

I thought i was beyond help but found i'm on the right road with the Pregabalin. Everyones different i know.

If your still really worried that the pain in the arm is still unrealated push the doctors for assesment/tests and then when confirmed theres is or not anything wrong you can go from there and decide weather to take the Pregablin.
:)