PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

Teaandcake
04-04-11, 13:37
Hello :)

I'm Sarah, I'm 24 and new here I have been suffering from depression and anxiety badly for the past year. Lately it has mainly been health anxiety which has been driving me completely crazy! I started to experience extreme panic symptoms a few months ago for the first time along with alot of physical anxiety symptoms including numbness and tingling, ringing in the ears, derealisation and dizziness to name a few. Since then I have spent my time obssessed with google convinced that I have a whole variety of life threatening or progressive illnesses! Despite lots of drs visits and blood tests all showing up ok, I still worry there is something seriously wrong with my health. Holding down my full time job is hard. I would love to chat to people who also experience anxiety. Thanks for reading xx

paula lynne
04-04-11, 13:38
Hi Sarah, welcome to a great supportive site, so glad to have you with us!:welcome:

nomorepanic
04-04-11, 13:40
Hi Teaandcake

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
04-04-11, 21:15
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Rachelcop
04-04-11, 21:27
hi and welcome!

I went through the same thing as you- going to the hospital always convinced that there HAD to be something going wrong with my body.

Never underestimate what anxiety and panic can do to you. Trust me, I've had every symptom listed, and once one goes away another pops up! I think that google is a big problem- of course you're going to find something horrible on there and think that you have it!

Listen to your doctors, and remember that you've felt this way before and made it through. You'll make it through again! Hold onto those good feelings, no matter how rare they are.