PDA

View Full Version : morning hangover, without alcahol

jill
04-04-11, 13:44
Hi all :D:hugs:

Just after some reassurance really, there are some people around me who feel I need to talk to the gp about this symptom.

I HAVE been panic, high anxiety free for a very long time, yeeehaaa, go me, LOL

Each morning I wake up with a hangover feeling, feeling really rough and sickly, if I stay home I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, haha, mmm, not funny really because this type of sleep DOES NOT help or make me feel any better this has been going on for awhile now. The rough and sickly feeling will get better as the day goes on, sometimes it can go quickly other times it can last a little longer, but up to now, its there every single morning. I go to bed knowing FULL WELL that this symptom CAN go at anytime.

I have even been walking to work and I can feel the symptom lift off, (ohh goodness me, it fascinates me.)

I have had the sleep issue before,(falling asleep a lot, sleep zaps, a feeling of just wanting to sleep, sooo tired the floor looks very inviting, this was along time ago, WELL before I new I had anxiety, ohhhh boy, it was horrible and this went on for a very, very long time. After I joined this great site, I got this sleep issue under control.

This site has helped me sooooo much, I DO KNOW what I am doing when it comes to anxiety, I know what I need to do to help this pass and I know it takes time. There are things going on in my life right now, which I feel, if anyone was going through the same, they would feel some sort of emotion.

I do feel at times, ohhh boy, this is NOT fair, can't I have issues or challenges in my life WITHOUT having the high anxiety symptoms, other people have lots of problems and although they feel something, they don't feel REALLY rubbish each morning.

I do feel that I am what I call, ON OFF the anxiety roundabout. I know full well that a bad mix of circumstances, thought pattens, CAN at times cause anxiety symptoms, but the roundabout effect is caused when the anxiety symptom itself starts to feed on itself, it drags you down because it sooo horrible, it this mode our thought processes go all over the place, so anxiety is feeding on anxiety, Mmm, does this make any sense ?

I am fascinated by anxiety, how it effects how you think, how when in anxiety mode thoughts can feel stuck in your head, how total distraction AWAY from how you feel, can help it go away, mmm, but it is dame hard to totally distract yourself, BUT its possible, hence me being on the on off anxiety roundabout, during the day, I can use my distraction, but I feel, when in sleep mode my mind plays with me with dreams, hence me waking up feeling ohhhh rubbish.

As for my falling asleep during the day and my tiredness, as I said, I had this issue for a very long time, all my life, mmm very strange, long story really, it became apart of me, who I was, (will not go to much into that, not unless someone wants me too) but I feel this is the old me creeping back in, using sleep as a cure of how I feel, trying to get away from how I feel, BUT, I KNOW dame well, this is NOT the way to go, to push through the tiredness and keep going. I am not that person anymore, I have knowledge and knowledge is very helpful, mmm but its blinkin hard work.

I DO have a plan of action to try and stop the roundabout effect on my morning anxiety and that is to break my routine of life, to get away from it all for a few days, as I said there are things going on right now that are adding to my mix, what I call a bad mix, I can at anytime add a good thing to the mix and this WILL change the way I feel.

I am going to sunny Blackpool for a few days, this weekend hail rain or snow, I don't care, the change will do me the world of good. Take my mind off the challenges I have in my life right now. I have learnt many things through this great site and one of them is, I don't have to prove myself to anyone, the most important thing is to prove to myself that this IS anxiety related. I AM doing this when at home it comes AND IT GOES, ohhh goodness me, I CAN FEEL it lift off me, but when I am feeling low, ohhh boy, Mrs anxiety plays with me and ohhhh boy, I know full well, she plays dirty LOL

The one thing I should mention is, I DON'T have fear of panic,( when I say I don't fear panic, Mm of course I do, if I had a pa, I would be scared of course I would ) what I mean is, I don't even think about panic, Mmm well I just did LOL but what I mean is, I know full well that anxiety does not always lead to panic, so when in high anxiety mode, panic does not even get a thought, so its nothing to do with panic, I feel I am just a LITTLE stuck on the morning anxiety roundabout,

I have done this in the past ( gone away for a few days )AND the symptoms have gone, there NOT there, I have also done this and in the past and Mrs anxiety has been there, but this is anxiety for you, she is good at what she does, she plays, but she can play with me as much as she likes, I am going through a rough time right now with both my children with one thing or an other, my emotions ARE MY OWN, I OWN them, I AM in control of how I feel, I just need to show MYSELF, this a little more. Try and break the morning roundabout.

I will, give it a few week then if symptoms persist, go to talk to the gp. I do know that when my anxiety levels rise, this is when I start doubting myself, NOT thinking I am going to die or anything sinister, more things like thyroids problems something that can be fixed.

Sorry for woffling, Mmm still feeling a little rough at the mo, on the anxiety scale its only a level 1, heheh, go me, thats GREAT :yesyes: even morning it can go up and down, the hightest its been is a level 8 BUT HAY, go me again, at least its not my 10 (full blown panic, my worse)

As I have said anxiety to me is a bad mix, of many things BUT you can change this mix at anytime, BUT knowing just what to do to change things is DAME HARD, it takes a lot of hard work, time and the right support and most of the time even the bad mix that brought you to anxiety has gone, but what your left with is the roundabout, the horrible anxiety symptoms, which in turn feed your anxiety they drag you down, so anxiety feeds anxiety.

I know that both my symptoms are anxiety related, DO YOU HAVE them. I have been a member on hear for along time, so I know these symptoms ARE on the list. I can enplane them to myself when anxiety is not playing with me.

It would be REALLY helpful if you have had these symptoms to reply to me, SO IF I feel really low and start to doubt myself I can just click on this thread.

HAY, after this weekend I may not need to come back and reassure myself, hehe, this is me, ever the hopeful

I REALLY feel for each and every one of you, my heart goes out to you all:hugs: anxiety is DAME HARD WORK, I myself have felt better for a long time, better than I have EVER been in all my life, SO, I WILL get there again, I KNOW I WILL.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

paula lynne
04-04-11, 13:54
Hi Jill, at last, someone who gets a hangover with no alcohol like me!
I wake feeling like this everyday. Like you, it seems to get better as the day goes on, and by evening, I feel ok.
In the beginning, I didnt know what it was. I thought it was a hangover/headache type thing, so I started taking co-codamol. But I wasnt in pain, just foggy. I realised quickly I was taking the painkillers to help with the hangover feeling, but it gave me a high for a few hours, then I realised the hangover feeling was still there.
I think its an anxiety thing, definately. Im better if I go out (hard with agoraphobia!)
I hope that in time like me you can just accept it and go with the flow. Sure, its not a nice feeling, but it wont hurt you. Enjoy Blackpool you lucky thing! Stay in touch! x

jill
04-04-11, 21:11
Hi Paula:D:hugs:

Its helpful to know I am not the only one, thank you so much for your reply.

I have had this in the past, many moons ago and it lasted a long time, it did go and I have had many many years without it being this strong, so I have to count my blessing and just ride it, I know, this WILL pass in time. I HAVE accepted its anxiety related, but when on the lowest time, talking to other people, my thought pattens are not right, (I know this can happen ) but THEY feel I should see a gp and at these low times I start to doubt myself. Ohhh Mrs anxiety she can be a pain in the but LOL

Its nighttime now and I feel just fine :yesyes: haha, very strange, but thats anxiety for you. I know its anxiety related, so, time will tell, for the sake of others if this does not go, I will talk to my gp, not been to gp for a long time, so having a chat with him will put my familys mind at rest.

I am soo sorry to hear you have agoraphobia, this must be so hard for you:hugs: I have not been active on the forums for awhile now but this site is such a great place to be, lots of info and very helpful people, such as yourself :yesyes:

I have found many, many things helpful, one is, the small things that count, it can be the small changes you make in your life or the small changes in the way you think, help you move forward.

Thank you again for your reply,:hugs:

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

jill
24-04-11, 23:55
Hi Paula:D:hugs:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread, when you are going through a lot yourself :hugs:

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

paula lynne
25-04-11, 00:34
Aww thank you Jill, its nice to help and share things. x :)

jothenurse
25-04-11, 01:16
I hope you start feeling better soon, Jill. You seem to have a very good knowledge of anxiety and what to do to make things better for yourself.

jill
25-04-11, 01:19
Hi hun :D:hugs:

Forgot to mention the hangover feeling seems to be getting better, each morning its getting less and less. I do know why it might of happened, have a lot going on at the mo. I have always found it helped if I could give reasons why it happened, even when I was acute, I found reasons. I do feel this helped me move forward a little, but for some people finding there reasons is not that easy.

I forgot one of the rules, (which is allowed ) I did accept the symptom, but forgot it can take time, even with me working on my thought pattens and putting in all that I had learnt from this great site. I was getting inpatient and it was blinkin hard work. The symptom itself was getting me down, but I new this, BUT, when anxiety levels rise, remembering these things is NOT easy, SO, I have to remember, IF it happens again, remember that I may forget LOL ohh anxiety is very strange. One of the hardest things I have EVER had to learn about, and still learning.

Thanks again,

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

Anxious_gal
25-04-11, 03:17
I will reread you post tomorrow, just wanted to ask before I forget, have you every been tested for a sleep disorder? like spending the night in a sleep clinic?

jill
25-04-11, 11:53
Hi Mishel :D:hugs:

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

Hay, good question :yesyes: BUT, this issues is not a surprise to me, my story is long with this one so will try and keep it short.

When very young my mum took me to doc's over sleeping a lot and feeling rubbish of a morning, bloods done and all clear, they said it was just the way I was meant to be, SOOO you quest it, I just lived with it, not knowing that I had anxiety's, so over the years, I lived around it and Mmmm got used to it so to speak. Not understanding that these 2 symptoms alone were chipping away at me and making life crap and other symptoms started to creep in over years of having these issues.

Ohh I did keep that explanation short, hehe, I can get carried away when talking about anxiety LOL

It was only when I hit full blown panic and before panic, . I came to this great with, panic very high anxiety, living in fear 24/7, that YES it could be anxiety related. Over time, I dealt with the panic, it went, the higher levels of anxiety went AND for a very long time, these 2 symptoms went, came back very, very low at times, BUT for most of the time, they where gone. Its only NOW it has reared its ugly head.

I am still looking into why just the mornings, but as I said, there are things going on now that would test the patients of a saint.

I am ok during the day, so what I have said to myself is, I can control how I think during the day, this is why symptoms are not present, but what I cannot do is control my thoughts when asleep, BUT, in time, when things settle and an issues that has been troubling me has been dealt with (which is soon) this symptom will go.

My sister has asked my WHY it happens, Mmmm which is the million dollar question isn't it. I just but it down to a bad combination of things, circumstances and thought pattens, it MAY happen from time to time, IT MAY NOT, if it does, just deal with the anxiety symptoms the best way I know how and this site has helped me do that.

I am lucky, I never really expected to be fully cured with these 2 symptoms over night, after all I have had them along time, habits die hard, BUT they went for a very long time and I have never been without them all my life, so you can imagin how I felt :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: this is a hiccup with anxiety right now, I do tend to look into it being other caused, Mmm thinking it maybe my body lacking in something and when under stress, it uses up more of what my body lacks, hence these symptoms, Ohhhhh anxiety is strange, but I do feel better when looking into things more, trying to help myself.

Thank you again for your reply, :hugs: I always say, anything is possble whats causing symptoms, all fixable of course, your question just may have been my answer, so thank you, but I don't think so, mmmm but may just look into that a little more. I have looked into sleep awhile ago because I have had other symptoms regarding sleep, but for me, it keeps coming back anxiety stress related.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

jill
10-06-11, 13:56

Just Bumping this up to see if anyone has this hangover feeling in mornings..

My tiredness has retreated now, ohh thank goodness, but the early morning hangover is still there a little. WELL anxiety related or not, I have got this symptom down to just when I wake up, then ITS GONE.

Paula, I just wanted to ask you some questions about the hangover symptom.
I did give in and go to gp and had bloods checked,( all came back fine eccept I am going through the change, ohh lucky me LOL) it was more the tiredness she was concerned about, but for me, the tiredness symptom has been with me all my life,( long story will not go into that ) just before panic, it was at its worse, these days, ohhh boy, its just fine, well accept for the blip I have just been through.

I found it very hard to explain the hangover symptoms, my gp said, if you can't explain it then I am going to find it hard to diagnose what the problem is :wacko: how do YOU explain your? how it feel?

Ohhhh goodness me, I have spent morning waking up and staying with the symptom. I would normal get up straight away, accept, good reason and distract, this has helped sooo much and now it goes very fast. yeee haaa go me LOL, but the past week I have been laying there, trying sooo dame hard to think of just how this symptom feels, where I feel it, how it effects me, it does seem to come from my head, Mmm, behind my nose at times, ohhh very strange. :wacko: haha, I still keep coming up with, hangover feeling, haha, soooo hard to explane.

Also Paula, I have noticed myself, that if I fall asleep during the day, Mmm which is not that often for reasons I will not go into right now, but, I can, when falling asleep feel this symptom coming on BEFOR sleep... it feels like a pressure build up behind my nose and in my head, Mmm again, very strange, have you noticed this at all???

I have come up with an explanation for myself for this symptom regarding anxiety and thats the fact that, when in stress mode, my brain regarding sleep, the patten has gone all over the place.

The brain has a set way of shutting us down and waking us up from sleep, but when under stress this can go a little off. I know it can cause sleep paralysis, I have had this in the past a fair bit, but my thoughts are, that my sleep mode is off and I am just noticing the shut down or wake up mode, which, when feeling normal, I would not normally notice this....

Mmmm, what do you think ?

I do like to talk a lot about panic/anxiety, at the mo, I feel great, a little hangover of a morning, so thats just fine :yesyes:

Thanks for reading

WISHING YOU WELL

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

jill
19-06-11, 23:28

I am may just keep bumping this up to see if anyone else has this symptom.

I still am waking up feeling like I drank the pub dry :roflmao:

I did a little more reseach, its not the esayest symptom to reaserch, sommeone wrote what I thought it may be and thats, due to stresses/anxety, we don't get the full routine of sleep, your mind does not put you in rem sleep, Mmm thats OK, sounds right, but how to I get rem sleep LOL

I am waking up with in the night with hot flushes, due to change, but also the hangover feeling is there too, ohh goodness me, thank god for cold water bottle, hubby thinks I'm nuts cluching a cold water bottle :wacko::roflmao:but hay, it makes me feel better LOL

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Wishing you all well

LOVE JILL XX

MidnightCalm
01-07-11, 10:52
Yesss
I get the same
I wake up groggy, bumged, sore and tired, dizzy and generally crap.
Drag myself out of bed and it takes me SO long to properly come 'round.
x