PDA

View Full Version : just 1 reply would be appreciated x

attwood
04-04-11, 17:25
:weep:hi all not sure if ive spelt this right but still.
anyways been on veneflaxine since the new year with great success, although each month i found my pms has gradually worse. last week (last period) i felt like i was spiralling out of control once more, so doc prescribed me microgynem to try and regulate my hormones. after one day of taking it i felt enormously sick ,ill and terribly emotional after day 2, i felt even worse so stopped taking them after only 2 tablets :( almost 3 days my period has started again after only a 7 day break. i feel absolutely terrible im heavy bleeding and been in touch with my doctor, who has gave tablets to control the bleeding. ive also been suffering with a heavy cold too. i am basically at my wits end, emotionally physically, all my anxiety is back..just crying and crying. doc says maybe i should just ride it out, as it may be a viral infection of some sort and then maybe look at upping my veneflaxine, which ok i am a bit nervous about, but cant carry on like this either. im trying to tell myself its just the flu, and the heavy period making me feel this way and for a moment i just calm, then all of a sudden my mind takes over and feels like it just all colapses around me, feel like im shut in a green house !! if that makes sense?? prior to all this in fact just over12 days ago i felt on top of the world !! even looking to go back to college and get a carreer in counselling. i have my last app with my current councellor this week and im waiting for sum1 at my local "healthy minds" service to get in touch ..i really thought i had everything sorted, the old me back !! please help im in despair

KK77
04-04-11, 18:12
My ex was on microgynon and I don't remember her having any problems like that but then she never suffered with anxiety/depression.

I know it must be a nightmare but see if you can ride out the flu/virus symptoms and give yourself a bit of time for your hormones to settle, then go back to your doc to assess your venlafaxine - it might help to slightly increase the dose.

If you can't wait then make an emergency appt to see your GP about this.

Hope you feel better soon.

Dahlia
04-04-11, 20:27
Hey Attwood - I'm sorry you're feeling so crap right now. I was on Microgynon many years ago, and was ok with it, just had lactation as a side effect (!). However it is quite an old pill, and there are others available with lower dosages.

You probably know that there are two types of pill, mini (progesterone only) and combined (which is what Microgynon is). From talking to other women on the board, plus my colleagues, it seems that some women (mood-wise) get on really well with the mini pill but not the combined, and others (like me) do really well with the combined but not the mini.

For example, my colleague recently went on the combined pill and felt like she had terrible PMT all the time, and this started up within the first few days. Whereas I went on it and felt amazing within two weeks. Each time she took various mini pills, she felt great.

Obviously this is just anecdotal experience, I don't know if it is borne out medically. Although my GP did tell me recently that my PMT is affected by ovulation (not everyones is, apparently), hence the reason I get better anti-PMT results with pills that stop ovulation (i.e. the combined pill).

Maybe give it another week or two and see how you are - esp. if you may have a virus at the mo which can make you feel awful. And maybe consider trying a mini (POP) pill?

Try to remind yourself that this is a mixture of being unwell and possibly hormones, and hang on in there. I know how you feel and it's horrid - try to distract yourself, TV, books, magazines un the meantime.