PDA

View Full Version : SORRY REPEAT POSTER...but i need advice please.

scaredstiff695
04-04-11, 18:48
ok im azngry and asad at thge minute tha im here agian.

but im having massive issues believeing that my breathing is fine. today i spent the first day in 3 anxious free or to avery mild degree but thn i got stressed (bedtime routine) with children and my breathing went funny feeling like phleghm stuck in my throat and chest and that i need to cough to get it up hgowever on doing this i dont get any relief i feel worse xx

anyone got any advice?
is it normal.

and can you really not die from shallow bretahing

arrrggghh so (massive sentence of swear words) frustrated xx

macc noodle
04-04-11, 19:14
Don't be angry and sad - we all need help sometimes and this is a good place to get it when we are anxious!

You know that your breathing is caused by anxiety/panic, so you will be fine once the episode is over - it is just getting there that is the pain.

Are your little ones in bed now? If so, try and distract yourself away from your breathing issues and see what happens. Try not to keep coughing - how about a nice soothing warm drink - do you have any lemons in the house - try a hot lemon and water with a drop of sugar.

Trust me, you will be fine.

:hugs:
Jan
xx

scaredstiff695
04-04-11, 19:23
hi thanks for your reply.
iu no im proper obsessing having major attacks in the nioght with my breathing. my neighbour is nurse and she said if i ring her later she will explain why i cant just develop something with my breathing. xx
but i know its anxiety so thats good just need to stop the panic atacks im knackered

Ambers
04-04-11, 20:25
I dont have any advice on breathing however I am asthmatic so I know how it feels to not get a proper breathe of air. But I did want to so that I know how stressful it is trying to get through the bedtime routine...so I hope you are feeling more relaxed now. Panic attacks are so horrible, I nearly had a full blown one on the train (again) this morning but managed to ride it through.

I find when I start feeling anxious I actually let it wash through me, kinda tell my panic to 'bring it on' for some reason it is working for me.

hugs

macc noodle
04-04-11, 20:28
I know hunni, it is exhausting - and somehow it all seems ten times worse at night - I remember the nights when I just used to pray to make it to the morning - and, guess what, I always have done so far :yesyes:

Sometimes I am so tired I daren't sit in the chair for five mins. during the day otherwise I would go to sleep !!!

It is great that you have a neighbour who will help you - try and listen to what she has to say and then, even more importantly, try and remember what she said when you are in the middle of a panic.

Have you ever had counselling ? My counsellor said to me once (when I was always fearful of fainting when I was over breathing) - "just tell the anxiety to do its worst" - took me a long time to get it but when I did, it actually worked and the anxiety began to fade....................... (but then I found new things to stress over :))

Take care - hope you feeling betta now.

Jan
xx

macc noodle
04-04-11, 20:30
Hey Ambers - just read your post - spooky how we both said the same (but differently) about the anxiety :D it does work in the end doesn't it?

scaredstiff695
04-04-11, 20:35
i cant see what anyine is pputting?

Ambers
04-04-11, 20:36
Macc - absolutely the only thing that is working for me - accept it, go with it and keep walking till you come out the other side ALIVE!

But like you I have found another thing to stress about (health) lol

scaredstiff695
04-04-11, 20:40
hi im haviung no joy with councuilling long story fjust feel like i got the wrong therapist shes lazy and always oin annual leave.

im feeling better now.
nights are the worse im going in and out of panic attavks all night till 5/6 in the morning proper knackered. while im feeling rationally ahd a good chat to my neihbour and going to write it all down feeling positive.

i used to say that to my panic attacks and for some reason just gone down hill, im blaming stress of moving and other little things.

still fight in me so will crack on tonight and every night for the rest of my life if i have to xxx

Ambers
04-04-11, 20:47
Just a thought for tonight for you...

As you approach night time routine - start to mentally talk to your anxiety, tell it that you are happy to take it to bed, treat i like a pet (all be unwanted) accept it and see if it helps - even a tiny bit? Try it?

When mine started to peak earlier today, I started to talk to each sympton..like 'hi there jelly legs, I knew you would turn up'..

Now you will really think I am mad :blush:

scaredstiff695
04-04-11, 20:50
haha, i used to do it, my hubby was like shall i get uu sectioned lmao cos i would be likke oo all hows you today, ooo you want to play again go on then lol

just lost myself over the weekend but goibg to get back on the fight now xx

Ambers
04-04-11, 21:00
Good for you, hope you have a good night tonight x

scaredstiff695
04-04-11, 21:01
me too but if i dont i donnt it will happen eventualkly will let you no tomorow xx