PDA

View Full Version : Exertion and attacks

rtb
04-04-11, 20:51
Hi there,

I haven't had a full blown anxiety/panic attack for about two weeks, however, I've been feeling absolutely shattered since starting on citalopram a few weeks ago. Today I really wanted to get out of the house and as a result spent the day shopping. Everything went ok although I had a few spells of head pressure/exhaustion which came and went. As I was feeling absolutely shattered after a few hours and a spell of head pressure wouldn't lift I decided to head home (which requires walking up a rather steep hill). I'm a pretty fit person and before this anxiety issue came to haunt me would go to the gym regularily...basically, walking up a hill should be a piece ok cake. Anyway, as I got a few hundred metres up this hill i realised I was absolutely exhausted and just felt weird/spaced out. I had to stop to collect my self and essentially stumble back down to a bench where I sat for a good 10 mind to recover. Symptoms were head pressure, nausea, anxiety and shivering/shaking vafter that I was fine, head pressure is gone and I feel as though a weight has been lifted (until tommorow no doubt!!).

Does anyone think this is something to worry aboutbor just a normal panic/anxiety episode?

scaredstiff695
04-04-11, 21:00
sounds just like tiredness to me, mixed with anxiety i feel like thids when m exhausted xx
if it was anything bad you would suley still be feeling it now xx

suzy-sue
05-04-11, 00:02
I see you have only been on your meds for abt two weeks ? You will feel more tired and have increased anxiety for up to 6 weeks .This will be the reason you feel so bad ,its the side effects .It will all settle down so dont worry .tc/ Sue x

dread
09-04-11, 20:37
Agreed with the above ^ Also, if you've been having anxiety and PA's up until a few weeks ago, the excercise will feel all wrong to your subconcious self. Increased heart rate etc from the excercise can be misconstrued as pani symptoms... happens to me regularly! The more you do the walk the better you will feel x