PDA

View Full Version : help please - can't stop thinking

sotired
04-04-11, 21:09
hi everyone

I'm new to the site, and i'm here because i've reached breaking point. I've had to leave my job because of anxiety and depression, i'm back home with my parents and keep losing my temper with people, I can't concentrate on anything without feeling that i'm failing at it, and i'm getting ill (coughs, colds etc) one every few weeks. Is this normal? I'm on citalopram and have been for years, but I don't know if it's working, and i'm wondering if I might be calmer on something else. x

diane07
04-04-11, 21:11
Hi sotired

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
04-04-11, 21:13
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Rachelcop
04-04-11, 21:22
hi sotired-

from someone who is not a doctor but has tried many different medications, I would say that it wouldn't hurt to try something else! It might be rough at first but there could be something out there that works better for you.

it's amazing what anxiety can do to you physically. every time you feel good, even if it's just for a few seconds, hold onto that-- it's proof that you CAN and WILL feel better!!!
:hugs:

scottboy
04-04-11, 22:14
hi sotired.

I think rachel is right a change of medication is what you may need Iam on citalopram and its worked well for me so far,but ive been on other meds that havent havent worked well.You need to find the one that suits you best.Dont give up youll get there eventualy.scott.