PDA

View Full Version : hypnotherapy

crazychick
10-04-06, 23:37
i had my first session of hypnotherapy today and it was not really what i expected. it was quite different. he spoke to me for quite a while about panic attacks, the symptoms i get and tried to explain why i get them. he then went over some breathing techniques and then done a quick session with me to try and tell my subconcious mind how to react. it seemed ok but i felt really freaked out with it all and he told me he is 100% confident this will work and i don't need to see him again which sounds great but i don't know if it is in reality.

poppy
11-04-06, 09:54
Hi,
Sounds like only time will tell really.
It seems a little quick only having 1 session but im no expert when it comes to hypnosis and stuff like that.
I hope it works for you.
Can you feel a differance?
Take care.
Poppy

Paddington
11-04-06, 12:20
that does seem quick doesn't it?But the good thing is he truley believes you are better and is not trying to fleece you of money[or is it nhs?]if you need another session then ask for one,take controlof the situation and dont ALLOW it to freak you out!I am sendin you vibes that it has worked,but you must be ready to le go of your old patters of behavior,reaction etc.I say this as ,as i have started to impove i find my self looking for panic!!!It's what i am used to!Barmy i know,and you may be totally different, but thought this may help!keep us informed!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Keitharcher
11-04-06, 19:20
hi

That does seem quick, I had to go for four sessions, however, you may be a receptive subject. Dont let it freak you out if you do it will not work, you have to believe it will work. Did he explain about self hypnosis? I certaintly hope you get the same benifical effects from hypnotherapy as i did

Keith

scoobygirl2005
11-04-06, 22:20
Hi.

Well done you. How did it feel? Hypnotherapy seems like a good idea, wonder if they have any hypnotherapists in my area? Have you found out whether or not it has worked for you yet? Hope it helps!

Scooby2005.

nomorepanic
11-04-06, 22:24
Are you only having one session. I was told at least 3 and preferably 6.

One won't cure you I don't think.

Nicola

crazychick
11-04-06, 23:29
i was expecting quite a few sessions but when i went he discussed and explained about hypnotherapy with me. he then tried to explain panic attacks and breathing techniques and then had a session when he hypnotysed me. he is very confident that i won't need to see him again and i don't feel that confident. i felt it was a bit rushed. he says if that doesn't work we need to look at a diferent reason for it happenng as its to do with me hyperventilating.
saying that i did have an attack today but i was able to deal with it quickly so i'm hoping it is working but i just don't think its a quick solution and feel a little disapointed.

tnt808
12-04-06, 03:34
Crazychick,

I tried 3 sessions of hypnotherapy for my phobia and general anxiety. Unfortunately it did not work for me.

My doctor also guaranteed that it would work. Needless to say, he was wrong. I understand they have to come across as confident, but honesty goes a long way with me.

It also sounds like you got cheated on the amount of sessions..good luck..I hope things get better for you.

Tina

Karen
12-04-06, 05:46
Hi Crazychick

I have seen demonstrations of phobias cured in one session with a specific technique.

Each client is different though and it seems he has left it up to you to decide whether you need any further sessions.

Did he encourage you to keep practising the breathing technique daily so it becomes second nature to you if you start to feel anxiety rising.

If you decide to go back for a second session you could ask whether he provides a tape of the hypnosis part of the session as some therapists do provide this service.

Alternatively, there are some good downloads and CDs here (http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/) that I have used and would recommend. My only problem now is that I have so many that it is difficult to choose which one(s) to listen to at times!

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Karen
12-04-06, 06:02
Hi Scooby

If you are looking for a hypnotherapist make sure they are registered with one of the professional hypnotherapy bodies.

Some to try are:

The British Institute of Hypnotherapists (http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~bih)

The Assocation for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (http://www.aphp.co.uk/)

The General Hyponotherapy Register (http://www.general-hypnotherapy-register.com/Therapists/)

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

hayles
12-04-06, 09:01
I had Hypnotherapy for my fear of being sick.
I had four sessions, they were ok, It hasnt cured me but it did drum into my subconcious a lot of coping techniques etc!

I dont have the sick feeling as much but now my mind has manifested it into that I am dying so thats just great!

one session to me sounds very little. My Mum gave up smoking with it so it must work for some people!!!!

Hay x

crazychick
14-04-06, 01:01
one of my friends suggested it might be because its on the NHS and obviously to do with who they can spend money on. and perhaps because i am at work just now and managing to work alongside my panic attacks that the hypnotherapist has people who are perhaps more in need of his time. its just upsetting as i waited ten weeks for an appointment thinknig it would be quite a few and then to only get one. i do want to contact him but i sometimes think maybe something else would benefit me more. i'm not sure what but maybe i should just stick to medication and hope for the best.