PDA

View Full Version : Depression and 5mg of Lexapro

wsb123
05-04-11, 08:21
I am 35 year old and single. I have been unhappy about my life for around 15 years now. I was a very unhappy child at home. I was the only child too. Recently I have been getting neck pain and teeth gridding during day time. I really don’t feel like doing anything. I am in between jobs and don’t feel like apply for any jobs let alone clean my place. I procrastinate everything. Sade feelings come and cripple me.
Recently I went to see a new doctor, a psychiatrist. He prescribed 5mg of Esitalopram. It felt bit better after two weeks .Sad feelings has notably been reduced. But I still don’t have the motivation to do anything. I don’t feel like even going for a drive .I feel so very lethargic.
My question is does 5mg of Esitalopram work? Or do people generally need more (i.e. 10mg) I told the doc about it and he says we can increase in a months’ time or I can take 10mg if I want to from now onwards..

PLease help i need to get out of this mess and start living.

smb25
06-04-11, 17:53
Hi i started on 5mgs and increased to 10mgs about 11 days later. I felt better for the increase.

The leaflet in my pack states advised dose for depression and or anxiety is 10mgs up to 20mgs if needed.

Sure you will probably benefit from increasing to 10mgs, if not you can always go back down to 5mg.

Good luck x

Rachel_123
08-04-11, 22:30
the dose is usually upped after a few weeks but remember that these anti-depressants can take up to a few months for you to feel the full effects of them!