PDA

View Full Version : Stomach twitching??!

londonchris
05-04-11, 10:03
Hi guys,

I've had a really worrying symptom over the last couple of days which I've never experienced before. Over the last couple of months I've been experiencing abdominal discomfort, like an extreme bloating feeling. It was affecting my ability to eat big meals. I used to pig out, but now I can barely eat a plate without feeling stuffed.

I also now suffer from bad acid reflux after anything spicy, or if I don't leave enough time between having dinner and going to bed.

The latest thing was feeling really bloated in the morning all the time, but this has faded over the last week or so.

The latest worry started yesterday morning, I woke up feeling quite sick. Throughout the day, the discomfort continued. I wouldn't say it was painful, it just feels like gut ache to be honest. But the worrying thing is my stomach has started to spasm over the last couple of days.

Not for long periods, but it seems to just twitch. It feels like it's rumbling but it's not rumbling, it feels like the muscle is actually gargling where it's twitching or shivering.

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm really worried because I've never had stomach twitching before, it's bizarre and it's very unnerving!

uk23
05-04-11, 14:29
Do you have IBS

londonchris
05-04-11, 15:11
Not sure to be honest. It's never been diagnosed and I've never had any real bowel problems! I suppose with the acid reflux, indigestion and ectopics it's a possibility that this is what's causing it.

Greenman50
05-04-11, 17:20
Hi
I get stomach spasm,s since December 2010 . I,m on meds for over acid stomach , but i don,t get reflux . Mine are like my stomach flips over and it feels really weird . My DR says its probably anxiety/acid or both causeing it , as my anxiety seems to hit my stomach first , i,ve had ibs for years but its mild compared to some peoples on here . It does seem to be settling down now and i,ve just had my stomach meds reduced today . I,m sure its nothing to worry about .

I,d get to the DR to sort the reflux out , you don,t have to suffer with it and it might be the cause of the spasm,s aswell ?

londonchris
05-04-11, 17:31
Thanks for the reply Mel :-) Its really weird as this is the first time I've felt anything like this before. I do suffer quite badly with acid reflux and seem to drink gallons of Gaviscon which does tend to help.

I was also advised to take zantax but (crazy as I'm sure this sounds) I'm sure this gives me more ectopic beats than normal so I never kept up with it.

It's certainly odd. Anxiety gives me really bad acid reflux. Just today I had a really important meeting with my boss and when I was in there my heart palps were going crazy and now I'm out my throat is burning where I kinda sick burped :scared15:

Stupid anxiety :lac:

honeyp1e
05-04-11, 18:23
Hi guys,

I've had a really worrying symptom over the last couple of days which I've never experienced before. Over the last couple of months I've been experiencing abdominal discomfort, like an extreme bloating feeling. It was affecting my ability to eat big meals. I used to pig out, but now I can barely eat a plate without feeling stuffed.

I also now suffer from bad acid reflux after anything spicy, or if I don't leave enough time between having dinner and going to bed.

The latest thing was feeling really bloated in the morning all the time, but this has faded over the last week or so.

The latest worry started yesterday morning, I woke up feeling quite sick. Throughout the day, the discomfort continued. I wouldn't say it was painful, it just feels like gut ache to be honest. But the worrying thing is my stomach has started to spasm over the last couple of days.

Not for long periods, but it seems to just twitch. It feels like it's rumbling but it's not rumbling, it feels like the muscle is actually gargling where it's twitching or shivering.

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm really worried because I've never had stomach twitching before, it's bizarre and it's very unnerving!

i get everything you describe here also it feels like my food is stuck just below my ribs and can sometimes feel like its sitting there hours after I've eaten i am on meds for this there called omeprazole there acid reducers and also gaviscon what you describe sounds just like acid reflux it can also travel back up into my throat xx

haynsey
05-04-11, 18:28
I sometimes get this problem with my stomach, one day i can eat and the next i cannot face food until the evening- mine is anxiety or nerves/stress. I have always had this love/hate relationship with food.
Its probably anxiety related!
x:)

honeyp1e
05-04-11, 18:39
I sometimes get this problem with my stomach, one day i can eat and the next i cannot face food until the evening- mine is anxiety or nerves/stress. I have always had this love/hate relationship with food.
Its probably anxiety related!

this is what am like one day i like food the next i cant face it ive had the worse nervous stomach feeling today mainly all below my belly button and i just dont feel like eating today :(

haynsey
05-04-11, 18:56
I get that, espicially when im anxious, i even loose weight. I try to eat tiny amounts, like a small yoghurt and apples and ice cream. I have to force food down, and i hate feeling sick as well. I try to eat/force high carbohydrates down me to keep sugar levels stable.

flumpkin
05-04-11, 21:56
Hi, My stomach has been doing the twitching thing for the last few weeks... not all the time just have odd spasms where it does it for 1/2 hr or so. It feels so weird but dr was not concerned. Worse in bath! Also felt a pulse in abdomen... but again he didn't seem to think an issue. I have been struggling with stomach/abdomen issues for 6 weeks now. I don't have heartburn but have a lot of burping every day and abdominal pain (lower right)... or discomfort to be fair. I am overweight but also feel like something trapped or in the way lower right, may be poor posture? pulled muscle, trapped wind. I have had omeprazole and lansoprazole and now on some gaviscon type stuff but no change. I am anxious about it too though so not sure if anxiety or something else.

Apart from occasional wobble I am reassured by lovely peeps on here and thinking that most common thing to go to dr with is gastro stuff and it is something that is affected by anxiety.

I think the stomach twitching is all linked in with other symptoms which dr thinks is due to some digestive tract irritation / acid reflux.

londonchris
06-04-11, 11:31
Thanks for the replies guys. Flumpkin that sounds exactly like what I have. It's amazing how anxiety manifests itself so many ways. Just when you think you've felt it all some other dodgy symptom comes up. That's what keeps you fearing I guess!!