PDA

View Full Version : Acid stomach and other problems.

jessieblue
05-04-11, 13:06
Hello, can anyone help me. I suffer with acid stomach symptoms. Constant nausea, indigestion and burning feeling in throat etc. I am on omeprazxole 20mg which for a year kept it all under control pretty well. Last couple of months, i am getting breakthrough symptoms and this is really worrying me. Admittedly i am under a lot of stress. I lost my mother 7 weeks ago, suddenly and she lived with me so it hit me really hard. I have finances within the family to sort out (very difficult) as she didnt leave a will. So my anxiety has been sky high which i am wondering if it has something to do with the acid being worse. Also my omeprazole prescription last 2 months was a different very cheap looking brand, could this be less effective? Any way my question is, does anyone else take omep and still get symptoms? Does this mean my problem is gradually getting worse? I am terrified to go back to doc as he will send me for endoscopy and no way am i having this as i have a phobia of vomiting or gagging. Can anxiety alone increase acid and make my symptoms be uncontrolled by the omep? I am so worried which is just making things worse. Thank you. x

molly36
06-04-11, 14:28
Hi there i have the same problems as you with the stomach ,my doc said it all anxiety and stress ,although i was tested for helicobacter and was positive but most have us have this in our stomachs .Sometimes it can cause a ulcer but mostly it dosent affect us.I think your symptoms are like most people on here .It must have been hard losing your mum so that would have def caused the symptoms too increase.Maybe once you have got through the other stuff you need to sort out they will ease a bit.hope this helps kind regards molly xx

honeyp1e
06-04-11, 14:47
Hello, can anyone help me. I suffer with acid stomach symptoms. Constant nausea, indigestion and burning feeling in throat etc. I am on omeprazxole 20mg which for a year kept it all under control pretty well. Last couple of months, i am getting breakthrough symptoms and this is really worrying me. Admittedly i am under a lot of stress. I lost my mother 7 weeks ago, suddenly and she lived with me so it hit me really hard. I have finances within the family to sort out (very difficult) as she didnt leave a will. So my anxiety has been sky high which i am wondering if it has something to do with the acid being worse. Also my omeprazole prescription last 2 months was a different very cheap looking brand, could this be less effective? Any way my question is, does anyone else take omep and still get symptoms? Does this mean my problem is gradually getting worse? I am terrified to go back to doc as he will send me for endoscopy and no way am i having this as i have a phobia of vomiting or gagging. Can anxiety alone increase acid and make my symptoms be uncontrolled by the omep? I am so worried which is just making things worse. Thank you. x

This is like reading something i would of wrote a few weeks back,,
i suffer with acid (badly some days) also a phobia of vomiting and my doc wants me to get the scope but am to scared incase it makes me vomit or burk etc.... am also on omeprazole which i found good for a while then crap etc... have you asked your doc to up them for you as i no take one 20mg in morning and one in the night also gaviscon when needed throughout the day... when am having a bad stressful or anxious day my acid plays up really badly i try not to get so stressed out as the acid is awfull.. you shud speak to your doc to up your omeprazole also do you take gaviscon or anything else??

Rachel_123
08-04-11, 22:36
k jessie first of all, stress will play a BIG part in stomach acid so try with all your will to relax yourself, maybe some deep breathing exercises and that. the cheaper brand will work just as well as the more expensive ones, they are all the same generic medicine :)

can i ask what is your diet like? do you smoke and drink alcohol?

and ill just add, if you WERE to get an endoscopic procedure done, you wont remember it, they give you a pre med called valium in a high dose that has amnesiac properties XD