PDA

View Full Version : Mono/Anxiety??

JAYQ
05-04-11, 14:20
I posted on here about 3 weeks ago saying i had strep with very severe headaches. Well it wasnt strep as last week i went to the ER from feeling very weak and faint and was diagnosed with mono. I apparently caught it through the air because i gave it to my gf too.

Anyways i have still been feeling very dizzy feeling, light headed, weakness throughout body and wondering if its still the mono in me doing this or its anxiety or combo of both. Last 2 nights i have woken up 2or3 times throughout the night and have stayed awake an hour before my alarm goes off for work. Not being able to fall back asleep even thou im so tired.

I cant fall back asleep because of the weak lightheadedness feeling and my mouth last night and still today became super dry. When i got at work this morning and was at my desk i kept wanting to fall asleep. I dont understand whats going on. As i am typing this i am still woozy headed and jelly leg feeling.

Someone please help tell me what this is???

nomorepanic
05-04-11, 14:21
I am not sure what mono is

JAYQ
05-04-11, 14:53
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mononucleosis/DS00352

JAYQ
05-04-11, 16:18
Ok so i just got back from the doctors office and i am a worried about my BP. Especially when i told my gf she thinks that it was high too as did i, but my doctor said not to worry??? Anyways they took a total of 4 readings.

My initial reading when i got there sitting was 144/84

Then i did one lying down and it was 141/70

Waited 2 min then did one sitting up it was 131/73

Then waited another 2 min and did one while standing it was 148/86.

He told me anything over 140/90 was considered high BP but said he didnt believe i had high BP. He also stated the lightheaded and dizzyness was still due to the mono and the BP had no play in that. Only if my BP dropped significantly between lying, sitting, and standing, which he said it didnt. My heart rate stayed the same too each time between 70-80.

I just think my BP shouldnt be that high and now this is just going to make my anxiety worse cuz ive never had high BP before. When i went to the ER last week my first BP reading was 148/86 and then it stablized to about 125/80 overnight while laying in bed.

nomorepanic
05-04-11, 16:20
Have a read of this post that I just replied to....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=93075

JAYQ
05-04-11, 16:40
Thanks! Very hard not to worry and i yelled at my gf for saying it was high, saying thanks for making it worse for me but she apoligized i know she didnt mean it and just trying to look out for me :( I was just was already on edge about it since i never remember having in 140's before.

Dahlia
05-04-11, 16:49
I posted on here about 3 weeks ago saying i had strep with very severe headaches. Well it wasnt strep as last week i went to the ER from feeling very weak and faint and was diagnosed with mono. I apparently caught it through the air because i gave it to my gf too.

Anyways i have still been feeling very dizzy feeling, light headed, weakness throughout body and wondering if its still the mono in me doing this or its anxiety or combo of both. Last 2 nights i have woken up 2or3 times throughout the night and have stayed awake an hour before my alarm goes off for work. Not being able to fall back asleep even thou im so tired.

I cant fall back asleep because of the weak lightheadedness feeling and my mouth last night and still today became super dry. When i got at work this morning and was at my desk i kept wanting to fall asleep. I dont understand whats going on. As i am typing this i am still woozy headed and jelly leg feeling.

Someone please help tell me what this is???

I think Mono is called Glandular Fever over here in the UK. I have had glandular fever and it's pretty nasty. You will feel extremely tired, have glands up, sore throats, light headedness - in fact exactly the symptoms you described. You can feel like this for a couple of months and will still feel tired for a few months after that. It sounds, however, like you are getting anxious about your symptoms, and therefore won't allow yourself to sleep. Try to accept it is just the illness and sleep.

My understanding is that many illnesses can make your blood pressure increase a little. Anxiety can add to that, as well as 'white coat syndrome' (basically being anxious in the doc's surgery). If your doc thought it was an issue, he would have had you doing home tests.

I thought Glandular Fever could only be caught by fluid contact (I could be wrong) - it's informally called the kissing disease, as that's how lots of people catch it (and probably how you gave it to your girlfriend). I caught it from sharing a drink with a friend, who had it (unbeknown to me). A lot of people around 17-18 years get it.

I hope you start to feel better soon - please just try to let the illness take its course, don't worry too much, and rest as much as possible. You may need some time off work (I was told to stay off school for 6 weeks).

JAYQ
05-04-11, 17:00
Thank you so much for the reply. Yes it is also called that. I am in the military so its hard to get the docs to get you off from work. They only gave me 3 days off :S So right now i am back at work. This is week 3 of the illness thou, the first week was swollen nodes and severe sore throat and constant fever for days.

Now its just very weak and lightheadedness feelings, jelly leg, stuffy nose and a little congestion in chest/throat which i cant seem to break up. Its caused a crack in my voice thou.

That is what my gf was telling me thou and of course the doctor himself that its just the mono running its course and it could be months before im better and not to get myself worked up over it. Last night as i was sleeping my gf would wake me up thou worried about me saying i was like heaving for air while asleep she got worried so woke me up. im like just let me sleep please!! lol, but when she would tell me that i would be anxious about that, of course she apoligized for it, she never means harm only good, but argh another reason why i couldnt fall back asleep very well.